- Vacancy information
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Trainee Crewing Coordinator to join our team at our office in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. This is a full-time role, initially on a 12-month contract basis. The role will work under general supervision providing day to day support to the offshore crewing team, encompassing all aspects of the mobilisation and demobilisation for personnel being sent offshore.
What will you be doing?
Responsibilities include but not be limited to the following;
· Liaise with onshore and offshore vessel management and agree personnel movements and crew changes and engage them where changes of core crew personnel are planned to their specific worksite.
· Manning assigned vessels with qualified, certificated and medically fit offshore workers in accordance with National, International and Company specific requirements. Special attention to be provided to the extensive certification requirements for Divers and Marine personnel.
· Liaise with appropriate discipline Crewing Planner on the sourcing of personnel.
· Raise call offs, hire forms and certification check forms for personnel as required.
· Ensure offshore personnel are provided for vessels/projects in a timely manner. Liaising with the external travel company, selecting the best option of travel and are in possession of the correct documentation, visas, work permits etc.
· Liaise with shipping agents and Subsea 7 country management to arrange personnel transfers and other in country services, completing schedule as appropriate.
· Check vessel daily report (Project/Tax Sector/Personnel ON and OFF) in Voyage to ensure correct information is provided and updated in OBT
· Maintain reliable scheduling and mobilisation/demobilisation information for personnel in Onboard tracker ensuring it reflects actual deployment information to allow accurate cost recharge, tax calculations and payroll.
· Assist Crewing Coordinators with various tasks.
· Make periodic visits to assigned vessel to build relationships with offshore personnel and gain familiarity with environment and operations.
What experience would we like you to have?
Please note, if you don’t tick all the boxes below but feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, please do consider applying. We would encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience.
An awareness of the practices required to travel personnel to international locations would be beneficial. (ticketing, visas, work permits, inoculations etc)
Adaptable and proactive with a structured and methodical approach to tasks, with ability to monitor workload and deliver in a time-sensitive setting.
Effective planning, co-ordination and organisational skills
Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with personnel onshore and offshore.
Proficient in the use of IT applications, including MS Office Suite and data base systems
Comprehensive administrative background and experience
· Ability to work extended hours occasionally to support the operational nature of the business.
What do we offer?
· Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development
· Flexible working – lots of our people work flexibly in different ways. Whether it’s hybrid, part-time or flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave
· A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
Who are we?
We are Subsea7, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. We make offshore energy transition possible through the continuous evolution of lower-carbon oil and gas and by enabling the growth of renewables and emerging energy.
At Subsea7, we are looking for people who think differently. We want people who can bring new ideas and who are willing to take on opportunities that will enable us to make a positive impact on a global stage.
In turn we will lift you up and encourage you to go further. Onshore or offshore, embark on a journey of opportunities, continuous learning and development.
Start your journey with us today.
An environment where you can thrive
We recognise that having a diverse team makes us a better, smarter team. Diversity is something we value and regard it as key to our growth.
We encourage new ways of thinking and celebrate our wide range of skills that enable us continually maintain the status quo and inspire innovation. An inclusive and diverse environment supports creativity, improves decision-making and introduces new ways of thinking.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Subsea7 and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Fair employment practices, fair treatment for all individuals and equal opportunity on the basis of merit are the foundation of how we work and develop together.
What happens next?
If you would like to apply for this role, simply click the Apply button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to ensure you submit a relevant application:
· Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
· We would encourage you to include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
· Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
To find out more about Subsea7 visit our website here.
You can also follow us on our social channels Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.#LI-CT1
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.