We are seeking an experienced Training and Competency Advisor for our oil & gas service company client based in Aberdeen. This is a staff position.
You will ideally have a proven background as T&C Advisor/Coordinator with both a hands-on approach as well as an eye on the future in terms of improving processes and developing the function within the company.
* Ensure that all mandatory training (including offshore survivals, refreshers and medicals) are being tracked for expiry and rebooked with appropriate look ahead times.
* Proactively generate and report upon quarterly training plans and associated budgets
* To work with business lines to ensure training needs for individuals are identified, recorded, measured and achieved, to ensure a one company approach
* In conjunction with the business develop a suite of reports and KPI metrics to support the business in the activities of both training and competence requirements
* Manage the output of the annual performance and development (appraisal review) process
* Support the business in identifying and coordinating staff for in-house courses ensuring that opportunities are cost efficiently maximised
* Responsible for ensuring that pre and post-course administration is completed accurately and on time to maintain accuracy of training records
* Working with the Training and Competence Administrator to ensure that all records are updated onto Navision and produce monthly Jet reports showing ‘actual verses planned’ activities. Identify shortfalls to business and any associated costs
* Manage company’s internal Learning Management System (LMS), issue weekly reports on progress of employee completions, following up with business lines where required
* Provide guidance and support to the business on different tools available for training and development: mentoring, coaching, on the job, internal/external training, further education
* Support the HR Business Partners in the succession planning process by ensuring that the appropriate training and development is achieved and recorded
* Support the HR Business Partners in the creation of development plans which are linked to individual and Company development plans to minimise operational risk and retain and motivate employees
* Support and facilitate the development of Competence Management System, for all personnel and monitor their competency assessment. Act as contact for all operational and technical competence data for personnel and ensure that all personnel are enrolled in the competence system within 2-3 months of joining the organisation
* Ensure all training and competence data is documented and filed in line with the CMS requirements
* Support external and internal audits to the CMS
* Work with the business to create and maintain a Graduate and/or Apprentice Development Programme
* Where required support the Training & Competence administrator in day to day tasks
* Deputise for the Snr Training and Competence Business Partner where required
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to Higher level or equivalent
* Demonstrable experience in delivering a professional and confidential approach to training and competence service provision
* Demonstrates commercial awareness and understanding of all principles of the role or practical experience in most areas developing towards demonstrating competence in all areas
* Provides technical coaching/professional guidance, and assists in the development of others, leads by example
* Sets and achieves challenging goals for self and others
* Tailors influencing tactics and language to the audience
* Presents with confidence and conviction to all audiences and has the ability to prepare for how people will react
* Challenges traditional thinking and promotes and demonstrates new ideas
* Deals effectively with pressure and conflicting priorities
* Has knowledge and awareness of company’s structure, strategy and position in the market place
* Has the confidence to challenge fixed assumptions
* Shows sensitivity and good interpersonal understanding
* Develops collaborative relationships with key contacts essential to get the job done
* Anticipates obstacles and acts to overcome them before they arise.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/050321.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.