- Vacancy information
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Umbilical Pre-Commissioning Technician will work as part of a team under the instruction of the Umbilical Pre-Commissioning Supervisor.
Technician is responsible for the successful preparation and execution of the umbilical pre-commissioning projects under supervision of the Umbilical Pre-Commissioning Supervisor.
Technicians will receive sufficient coaching/training and supervision to carry out job safely and with good workmanship. Technician must be open to learning new skills.
For clarity the Umbilical Pre-Commissioning Technician will assist with the preparation of umbilical monitoring & testing equipment in the yard and on the vessel/platform.
Preparation of equipment prior to offshore execution:
- The assembly of pressure testing equipment
- The proof testing of pressure testing equipment
- The flushing of all equipment to SAE AS 4059 specifications
- The checking of electrical test equipment
- The recording of all equipment serial numbers and quantities, ensuring equipment is fit for purpose and within calibration/certification
- Ensure that all operations undertaken at the worksite are competently executed in accordance with the project’s procedures, and done in a safe manner
- Report to Umbilical Pre-Commissioning Supervisor
- Follow operational procedures and assist in maintaining records and generating umbilical test reports
- Maintain daily operational reports
- Carry out umbilical testing scopes which include hydrostatic testing, electrical testing, fiber optic testing, flushing and fluid displacements.
- Work in accordance with the Company’s Safety Systems
- Repair and maintain equipment as and when required
- Preferred 2+ years in a similar role
- Knowledge of hydrostatic testing at pressures of up to 20,000psi
- Fluid particle analysis experience including particle counting with the use of a binocular microscope.
- Experience of fiber optic and electrical testing including OTDR, TDR, Conductor resistance and insulation resistance.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of a variety of hydraulic fittings and parts
- Some previous experience with flowline testing and pigging equipment would be advantageous but is not a strict requirement, as cross training will be given
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.