Strategy Economics Business
BERLIN-JEAN MONNET STR(DEU)
Within the Supply Sales Optimisation department of the Refining branch, the CMO (Controlling and Middle Office) department oversees various missions including:
- Analysis of the performance of the front office (purchases/sales) and the financial result.
- Optimising the supply/demand product balance and drawing up the monthly program.
- Definition of the strategy and monitoring of the obligations related to the reduction of CO2 emissions (incorporation of organic components, purchase of CO2 certificates)
- Management and implementation of European transversal projects related to price risk. (Volatility, pricing…) Responding to the problems of the operational and front office teams, proposing, and deploying solutions.
In a demanding environment, you will oversee the following projects and activities:
1) Digital deployment
- Ensure the proper functioning of the SURF (system for unified refineries follow-up) management tool concerning daily operations, stocks; support users.
- Monitor/Take part in the implementation of new digital tools (Track and trace, Rails), propose and deploy automations in collaboration with final users. (operations, front office…)
2) Sustainability and CO2 reduction obligation
- Analyse data from the administrative management tool where organic certificates are registered, create and develop associated reporting (Excel/PowerBI).
- Auditing and improving the predictive tool allowing the management of the position, the adaptation of the strategy and the adequate purchase of certificates.
- Propose and present areas for improvement and implement them.
3) Analysis and reporting for management
- Leverage the data from the tools SURF/Rails concerning daily operations, contract monitoring, stock and price risk management.
- Improve the existing dashboards and develop new ones in collaboration with users (front office, operations…)
4) Support to controlling and middle office activities
- Controlling/Finance: flow analysis (purchases/sales) at month closing to identify pricing errors, amounts to be accrued and corrective actions.
- Middle office: takes part in the preparation of the monthly supply programme
- Middle office: supports the person in charge of the price risk management project (hedging simulations, result)
Through these missions, you will contribute to the improvement of the management of our activities (operations, front office, CO2 obligations, price risk…)
Context and environment
Please check the following website to make sure that your application complies with the criteria to carry out a VIE assignment: mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr.
- Business School or Engineer degree.
- Internships in Operations/Supply or Controlling/Finance are an advantage.
- Knowledge of Pack Office (Excel).
- Knowledge of POWERBI, SQL, VBA, SAP would be a plus.
- English: level C1
- French: level C1
- German: level B1
Proposed start date : SEPTEMBER 2023.
Region, department, area
Experience level required
Less than 3 years
Marketing & Services
About us / company profile
TotalEnergies, a broad energy company
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is more affordable, more reliable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
To apply for this job please visit krb-sjobs.brassring.com.