An oil and gas operator is looking for a Warehouse / Inventory Assistant to support operations in Midland, TX on a M-F schedule working 8 hrs a day, 40 hrs a week. This is a one year contract opportunity with potential for extention or permanent hire based on performance.
The Inventory/Warehouseman is responsible for assisting in shipping and receiving, inventory processing for parts and Assets. Non-technical duties will include routine house cleaning of the yard and shop spaces, moving parts around the warehouse and shop. Participating in various meetings, trainings and development activities.
This role will report to the Shipping & Receiving Manager.
- Working in accordance with Company’s specified guideline
- Maintain clean and orderly appearance of yard
- Maintain all inventory stored at the facility to ensure proper status or availability
- Proper packing, labeling and tagging of parts before putting away inventory to prevent misidentification and damage to parts.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of all inventory/shipping paperwork into Oracle or other business systems for incoming/outgoing parts/tools
- Complete daily forklift inspection checklist. Maintain and service warehouse equipment like forklift, trucks, and any other company equipment.
- Maintain control and knowledge of all parts leaving and arriving at the yard
- Assist with all Physical Inventory Counting and audits (including Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Inventories)
- Process all parts transfers between warehouses and sub-warehouses
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during normal work duties
- Moderate use of a variety of hand and power tools to demonstrate a range of mechanically oriented functions
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work periods
- Demonstrate clear communication skills and ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as forklifts
- Ability to work on weekends and be on call after hours
- Must possess basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Must be accurate with all inventories counting and paperwork entry
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- 2+ years’ general experience in a warehouse environment
- Must live within a 1 hour driving distance to the yard or be willing to relocate to the assigned area
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in warehousing and inventory management
- Previous Mud Motor inventory or shop experience
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.