Occidental is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Water Engineer in our US Onshore Resources & Carbon Management (ORCM), Rockies Business Unit based in Denver or Platteville, Colorado.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Water Lifecycle Operations: Collaborate with the field operations staff and vendors to analyze water system optimization opportunities. Evaluate existing infrastructure and advise on improvements to piping/pumping, oil/water separation, storage, treatment, and capacity limitations.
- Water Lifecycle Surveillance: Monitor and forecast water supply and demand volumes for fresh and produced water operations. Participate in frequent, formal team-based process reviews to identify and document improvement opportunities; implement recommendations and post audit results.
- Lease Operating Expense (LOE) Improvement: Provide technical and financial analysis support to field operations in efforts to control and reduce LOE. Support the monthly and annual budget process for LOE.
- Non-Drilling Capital (NDC) Improvement: Lead efforts to identify and track capital project needs for water operations.
- Technical Resource for Water Lifecycle Projects: Successfully implement initiatives to efficiently source, heat, treat, store, and transport water for operations activities. Review the economic feasibility of projects and support the PO process. Support field operations with scheduling and execution of projects.
- Regulatory Support: Support permitting processes for road, ditch and railroad crossings, water well and impoundment projects, electrical and additional support services.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in logistics or project management required with water pipeline, storage and facility experience in the petroleum industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact with field operations, technical peers and management required.
- Water sourcing, transfer, disposal, and treatment projects experience strongly preferred.
- Financial, facility, process, production, or completions engineering and/or operations experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft tools, Cygnet, Synerge Water, or Spotfire is a plus.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering. Prefer Petroleum, Civil, Chemical or Systems Engineering.
Certifications / Licenses
Valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
This position is located in Colorado.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10 – 30%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
|*Grade||Salary Range||Discretionary Bonus|
|22||$104,000 – $178,000||0-40%|
|23||$123,000 – $211,000||0-40%|
*Salary grade is determined based on a candidates education, industry experience, work history, skill set, and any unique qualifications.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– United States-Colorado-Denver
– United States-Colorado-Platteville
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.