SSG Drilling is recruiting for an experienced Well Services Engineer to work on a contract basis for one of our key clients, a leading oil and gas exploration and production company with strategically placed assets throughout the African continent.
This role will be rotational in the field ( Africa ), and on a 28 x 28 days basis. It shall be offered on a contract basis for initially 12 months.
Key duties and responsibilities:-
The Well Service Engineer’s role is to provide technical well services support for companies’ fields. This technical support includes preparation of interventions, managing the existing well stock and providing detailed support in the area of wells, BOP’s and trees. Preparation for interventions includes writing programmes, and dealing with service providers (vessel operator, tool providers and third party interfaces). The WSE is accountable for:
- Planning, scheduling and reporting well service activity with the Field planners and inputting that information to the shared well service plan, such that all well service activities are optimised and production losses are minimized.
- Provide technical and HSE support to onsite Well Service Supervisors.
- Development of detailed well service programmes to deliver agreed objectives, safely, on time, in budget, without damage to the environment and in full compliance with Policies and to the technical limit.
- Integrated working with the subsurface, drilling, completion, operations, site teams and service providers to identify value adding opportunities and quantify their value. Close liaison with drilling and completion teams to ensure completion design meets well service requirements.
- Expectation is that the WSE will regularly visit well sites and suppliers facilities.
- Ensuring that competent service providers are utilised, seamlessly integrated with company, provide fit for purpose equipment, timely call off, quality service and timely return of equipment/people. The WSE is accountable for adherence to, and implementation of the companies /federal contracts; specifically the WSE will ensure that the contractors are fully aware of Company’s requirements and receive an appropriate statement of requirements for all jobs.
- Demonstrating personal HSE leadership, specifically visible implementation of safety programmes.
- Regular communication with the various teams involved with well service activity.
- Ensuring lessons learnt are captured and communicated with the wider well service community. Specifically accountable for preparation and filing of end of job reports, with updated well histories and completion diagrams.
- Monitoring, reporting and driving improvement in performance, specifically:-
- the presentation and reporting of well service activity to partners, as required.
- approval of contractor scorecards, ensuring that User Feedback Reports are raised and representing the company at contractor performance reviews.
- networking across the well services worldwide community both internally within company and externally across both operators and service providers to identify opportunities to introduce new technology/practices for the benefit of the business.
- Providing out of hours cover as part of a rota and emergency response as required.
- Liaison with Regulatory bodies – proactively and reactively as required.
Candidates will be expected to be able to demonstrate the following as a minimum:-
- Knowledge and experience of well service equipment, completions and interventions.
- Previous knowledge of and experience in a similar remote location post.
- Knowledge and experience of land equipment, completions and interventions will be a major advantage.
- Knowledge and operational experience of safety management processes.
- Knowledge of the legislative requirements for well design and operation.
- Track record of delivery within the wells environment.
- Ability to work in a multi national & multi skilled field support team.
- Ability to trouble shoot and report on operational issues.
If you feel you meet the criteria and qualifications for this role, then we would love to review you CV / Resume. Please click the “I’m Interested” button at the top of this page to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ssg.group.