We’re 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we’re facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We’re up for the challenge. Are you?
By joining our team in Renewables you will have the opportunity to:
- Be responsible for wind resource assessment (WRA), park layout design and production estimates as basis for economical evaluation of wind projects and analyse data from operational wind parks to improve models and production assessments for new projects.
- Collect and analyse data from wind measurement and/or wind modelling.
- Lead activities to deliver on “The Wind & Energy Yield Improvement Agenda” and collaborate and coordinate with Equinor’s technology developments.
- Ensure alignment between Equinor’s Renewable Energy (REN) business needs and R&T’s activities.
- Proactively extract and implement learnings from operations, project development and industry development into WRA work processes. Develop and advise on analysis methodology and assumptions to be used across the team.
- Proactively develop the framework of work methods, governing documents, risk and uncertainty understanding in the decision process for wind analysis within Equinor.
- Participate in representing Equinor in Joint Industry Projects and external arenas.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Masters degree or higher and technical background in wind energy, meteorology, aerodynamics, or another relevant field.
- Ideally experienced in wind resource assessment, working with meteorological data and using wind resource software such as WindPro and/or OpenWind.
- A background in statistical modelling or mathematical modelling with strong statistical skills is preferable.
- Experience with and the ability to understand meteorology and meteorological models.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present and communicate technical data.
- Additional experience that would be advantageous but is not essential includes knowledge of GIS-tools; analysis of SCADA data and model validation, programming skills in Matlab and/or Python and involvement in project development.
Please attach copies of your CV, diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language.Through this link you can find important information on what to include in your CV, which will make the application process easier and faster.
Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. Candidates will be asked for information on affiliation to high-risk countries for a security assessment. Furthermore, background checks are performed on all final candidates and all permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.