Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: WORK PREPARATOR
- Ensure all Maintenance activities are prepared to allow a safe and environmentally responsible operation.
- Comply with all Repsol Sinopec HSE&A principles, policies, and procedures.
- Continually review all Maintenance PM’s raising (P3) work orders to improve maintenance delivery.
- Responsible for the daily selection of both PM & Breakdown work orders for preparation following Platform and Maintenance prioritization guidelines.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine equipment problems, failure modes and identifying appropriate solutions in order to develop work packs. Participate in Risk Assessment, Root Cause Analysis, Safety Operation Assessments.
- Liaise with vendors, onshore support and supervisors to confirm dates and all requirements are all reflected where required in the work order
- Responsible for ensuring all Repair Orders constraints are managed, prioritized, scheduled and delivered as per target dates
- Responsible for compiling a work preparation end of trip written handover and completing verbal handover with BTB prior to ending shift
- Responsible for liaising with the Material Co-Ordinators / Storeman on material control issues (i.e. ensuring that material tagging is of a high quality and that offloading points and recipients are adhered to at all times)
- Responsible for creating BOMs and standard task lists.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A core trade competence in either mechanical, electrical or instrument disciplines must have or be working towards a level 3 NVQ in their core discipline.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment in the maintenance of oil and gas exploration.
- Equipment knowledge of the modes of failure applicable to large industrial equipment such as fans, pumps and compressors and their associated components.
- High skill in applying technical knowledge to determine equipment problems (including knowledge of RCA techniques and their applicability) and identifying appropriate solutions in order to develop work packs.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and applying information from files, drawings, catalogues, reports and manuals.
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Skill in using MAXIMO to prepare work packages and monitor materials availability.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.