We’re 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we’re facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We’re up for the challenge. Are you?
By joining our team in Renewables you will have the opportunity to:
Dogger Bank Offshore Wind Farm, the world’s largest offshore windfarm and being developed in 3 phases, is currently under construction and scheduled for start power generation in 2023. The wind farm is located some 100-150 nautical miles west of South Shields, covering a total area of over 1500km2. During the operations phase, maintenance of the wind farm will be conducted from 4 Service Operations Vessels (SOVs) each equipped with a Daughter Craft (DC), with contracts recently awarded for the first 3 SOVs. The O&M Base including the warehouse for spare parts and consumables will be located at Port of Tyne, South Tyneside where construction is scheduled to start in Q4 2021. Adjacent, will be located Equinor’s UK Central Control Room and technical competence centre for engineering support.
Equinor is the manager for Dogger Bank during the operations phase. For its O&M organisation at the Port of Tyne we are seeking to expand our team with one electrically biased resource, responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Haliade-X WTGs.
We are seeking a candidate with long term commitment to play a key role in ensuring continuity of knowledge from construction and operational setup into operations. Due to the high level of daily interaction and collaboration this role entails, the candidate will need to live in (or relocate to) the local area.
In initial project execution phase:
- Participate in WTG design reviews, technical clarifications, acceptance tests, system walkdowns and handovers for ensuring safe and efficient design for operational use.
- Follow up multiple interfaces for the WTG scope of the project development as the O&M representative.
- Follow up pre-commencement milestone activities of the Service and Warranty Agreement.
- Contribute to competence profile strategy for WTG technicians that will be employed by Equinor and seconded to GE.
- Be prepared to do short term business travels offshore, domestically and internationally if required.
In operations phase:
- Be responsible for safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the WTG assets.
- Management of WTG contractors, including day-to-day execution of the Turbine Supply Agreement and Service and Warranty Agreement.
- Review loss of production from WTGs, provide analysis and collaborate to recommend improvements to asset and maintenance
- Collaborate with other asset O&M engineers to support the operation and maintenance of all wind farm assets.
- Ensure high quality maintenance and safety information is captured and processed in corporate systems in line with management system processes
- Prepared to be part of an on-call rotation for the windfarms.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Technical, operational and maintenance experience from high MW direct drive WTGs.
- Desirable experience with GE renewable operations and/or GE WTGs.
- Be or become authorised as a Senior Authorised Person.
- Fluent English oral and writing.
- Degree or HND in electrical/electronic engineering or similar.
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- Must be prepared to undertake offshore medical, HUET and GWO training.
- Hands-on and proactive, prepared to work offshore as and when required.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Can support and contribute to a diverse and dynamic team
- Have the ability to understand and collaborate in delivering on both internal and external needs.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills; with ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders and support functions.
- Open minded to furthering knowledge and experience base.
- Live near Port of Tyne or be willing to move to the area.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.