- Vacancy information
We are now recruiting for 2nd Engineer
This will be a day rate based position (subject to candidate’s current contract status)
Overview of 2nd engineer position:
The Second Engineer may be in charge of an engine room watch and is responsible to the First Engineer for operations and maintenance of the engine rooms and propulsion equipment.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
- Carry out watch keeping duties as defined by the Chief Engineer’s standing orders
- Operation and maintenance of the mechanical installations onboard the ship in accordance with established operational and maintenance procedures
- Providing assistance to deck operations and maintenance as directed by the chief
- Bunkering the vessel when on duty
- Organise and supervise the watch keeping ratings to carry out work as required by the Chief Engineer
- Assist in the training and familiarisation of other Engineers Fitters, Mechanics and Motormen in their department
- Assist the Chief Engineer in providing support to the Master in conducting “Shipboard management Reviews” in accordance with the ISM Code.
- Officer of Engineering Watch Certificate of Competency (STCW III/1) meeting legislative requirements of the Flag State
- Recognised Seaman’s discharge book
- Must have at least 3-4 years of experience working on pipelay vessel
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing in accordance with STCW Code Table A-II/I
- Appropriate knowledge of Flag State Maritime Law/Legislation.
- Appropriate knowledge of ship’s Safety Management System (Ref: ISM Code)
- Completed Security Awareness training relevant for the position (Ref: ISPS Code)
- Hold at all times a valid Seafarers Medical fitness certificate and offshore survival certification suitable for geographical area of work
- Compliance with the Subsea 7 training matrices
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.