The future will require smarter and more efficient solutions for our business. We need creative and competent people to develop ideas and concepts for offshore exploration and production.
Are you a team player searching for opportunities in a digital environment?
We are looking for a new employee to further strengthen the Accounts Payable team.
The position is placed in the Financial Reporting & Tax team and will be responsible for making sure that all invoices are paid on time, as well as interaction with all parts of the business to support efficient and robust processes with regards to approval of invoices. The role will also be involved in continuous improvements and other ad hoc projects within the Purchase to Pay process.
• Ensure that invoices are processed and paid within due date by supporting verifiers and monitor the approval process
• Monitor the vendor invoice system, identify process deviations and drive continuous improvement
• Ensure invoices are recorded to the proper accounting periods and in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
• Handle reminders and debt collections
• Serve as point of contact for vendors on matters related to payment status and other related questions
• Assist with other ad-hoc requests and projects as needed
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related education is required
• SAP knowledge
• Highly competent within MS office, in particular excel
• Self-starter with a strong delivery focus, problem solving and analytical skills
• Structured and accurate
• Pro-active approach to review processes and suggest and implement process improvements
• Work as a team – ability to involve others in own work when needed
• Fluent in Norwegian and English
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.akerbp.com.