Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Role will be responsible for processing payrolls for US, Canada, Expatriate and other global local national business units for bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly pay periods. Role will be the focal point for testing, processing bonuses, stock options, and deferred compensation. They will manage weekly, quarterly and annual bonus processing and serve as back up for all other payroll processors during vacation/out of office. Will also provide back up for accounting reconcilations, taxes, garnishments, adjustments and workers compensation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and understanding of salary and hourly payrolls in Oracle HCM system including pushing time.
- Executive and deferred compensation processing.
- Stock options and restricted stock processing.
- Testing all system changes, assigning cost center for new elements in coordination with Senior Payroll Accountant and Global Payroll Director.
- Coordinate and/or process annual bonuses with payroll processing team members.
- Complicated payroll adjustments in Oracle HCM.
- Calculate and correct any overpayments related to late terminations or HR errors.
- Manage any leave of absence changes as requested by HR.
- Validate payroll results and reports using EIS and Oracle tools prior to closing payroll.
- Processing off cycle quick payments, bonus and interim payroll runs as needed.
- Manage any ACH reversals, wire transfer returns, void/reissues and stop payments with Senior Payroll Accountant and Global Payroll Director.
- Back up team members due to out of office/vacations as needed.
- Respond to HR inquiries in Payroll inbox and phone daily within 24 hours.
- Train HR and customers on reporting tools for validating payrolls.
- Coordinate with team members and Global Payroll Director to communicate holiday payroll calendar changes to HR as needed.
- Document payroll processing close support by check date and business unit as required for audit purposes.
- Maintain payroll documentation/ manuals.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting
- 8+ years Payroll Oracle HCM system experience required
- Ability to handle multiple payroll closing and several locations simultaneously
- Ability to process all payrolls assigned to the Houston payroll team
- Knowledge of US payroll federal, state and local taxes as needed for payroll processing
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word
- Bilingual (Spanish) to support Latin America payrolls
- Team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Personal leadership and action oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Drive for results
- Excellent verbal, written, active listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to safety, teamwork, excellence, accountability and innovation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Light duty – carrying objects weighing 20 pounds or less
- Working outside of normal business hours due to global customer needs and special projects as required
- Office environment
: United States Of America-Texas-Houston-(Nabors Corporate Services) Houston Office
To apply for this job please visit nabors.taleo.net.