Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Advisor position provides analytical support for royalty compliance issues through assisting in the development of solutions to improve business processes. This position deals with issues from production at the well through payment of royalties and tracking of associated financial information.
If you are selected as the Sr. Advisor, you will assist in working various projects within Lower 48 (L48) relating to operations, production accounting, engineering, land, and other associated groups, as necessary. Additionally, you will be responsible for conducting royalty compliance reviews throughout the Lower 48 operating area to ensure compliance with, corporate internal control standards, L48 policies and procedures, government regulations and contract requirements.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Provide analytical support for royalty compliance issues throughout L48
- Provide consultation and support for: Land and Division Order – interpretation of royalty clauses in OGL’s, Operations – determine if operational changes impact accounting/royalty compliance, Facility Engineering – participate in front-end loading processes to ensure facility designs address accounting/royalty compliance issues, Production and Revenue Accounting – assist in troubleshooting issues, training on how operational changes impact accounting
- Conduct royalty compliance reviews using various techniques including on site surveillance, interviews, and system analysis
- Work with various business and technical units to assess controls, identify gaps and develop/monitor action plans through closure of compliance reviews
- Develop knowledge sharing opportunities with multi-discipline groups within L48 BU’s resulting from work on compliance issues and compliance reviews
- Collaborating with various L48 teams and other teams as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 3+ years of experience in oil and gas accounting or contract management
- 3+ years of experience with reviewing and analyzing complex agreements
- 3+ years of experience with upstream energy financial or business processes
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business, another related field, or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in oil and gas accounting or contract management
- 5+ years of experience with reviewing and analyzing complex agreements
- 5+ years of experience with upstream energy financial or business processes
- Detailed Quorum, SpotFire, Excel, and SAP PRA systems knowledge
- Ability to efficiently collaborate and self-manage (including planning, organizing, and prioritizing work schedules efficiently; adjust to changing priorities; handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously)
- Efficient analytical and problem resolution skills
- Efficient technical written and verbal communication, leadership, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a high level of personal initiative and sense of urgency to get the job done
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, inspires innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity
Apply Before: February 12, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.