Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Facilities Planning (FP) is a centralized entity for the planning, development and coordination of Saudi Aramco Capital Program. FP is responsible to develop long term plans that focus on value creation, provide economic evaluations and cost-effective options for capital projects Lead front-end planning and approvals for capital projects.
Automation & Power Facilities Planning Division (A&PFPD) comprises the Information Technology Group, Process Automation Group, Power Group and Utilities Group, as well as Master Plans and Major Studies Group. IT Planner responsibilities cover existing and new facilities, and include planning and coordination with for all Company Business Lines. IT systems include, but not limited to, wireless communications, fiber optic cabling, data networking, cybersecurity, software applications, and digital transformation solutions. The activities of A&PFPD include business case development, master planning, projects design basis scoping, and conducting special techno-economic studies. These activities aim at identifying and assessing new capital investment opportunities, enhancing the economic performance and develop feasible alternatives for capital projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and supports project preliminary engineering, initiates Front End Loading and makes decision as to basic processes
- Develops projects documentation from feasibility assessment to full funding, including scope of work development, economic justification and alternatives assessment, and value improvement.
- Have solid background on IT and basic approach for non-IT projects such as computing equipment, wireless communications, fiber optic cabling, data networking, software applications, digital transformation solutions, and others
- Formulates the basis for an engineering study or project or design in any basic or special engineering field. Evaluates data as to scope, effect on existing installation, economic value, long range planning and budgetary considerations.
- Provides basic economic calculation, alternatives assessment, and overall business case evaluation of investment request submittals.
- Coordinates and resolves problems with concerned entities
- Checks that reports are written according to established guideline of good report presentation. Makes recommendations for future study or report changes.
- Conducts peer-review of technical reports and reviews work of third party, technology reports, and engineering standards.
- Develop executive level briefings, memos, presentations and documents on capital investment and other special study items.
- Works on duties and projects with mid/minimum supervision.
- Bachelor Degree: Electrical/ Computer Engineering; Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the engineering and projects field covering:
- IT, telecommunications, computing, and digital transformations technologies scope development, design, economics and execution.
- Business case evaluation and feasibility assessment for various solutions.
- Leadership of major engineering studies and design packages.
- Developing strategies and feasibility studies for the upgrade or replacement of installed systems.
- Knowledge of engineering practices and economic evaluation principles, calculation methods, design details, codes, standards and specifications
- Good understanding of oil, gas and chemical processes and industry.
- Preference: Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), with Knowledge of engineering practices and U.S. Codes, Standards and Specifications such as BICSI
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.