At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s state-of-the-art campus north of Houston serves as home to its Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses and their associated service groups. The facility opened in 2014 and accommodates more than 10,000 employees and visitors.
By bringing many global functional groups together, the campus provides employees with the tools and capabilities needed today, and in the future, to achieve business objectives and accelerate the discovery of new resources, technologies and products. It was designed to foster improved collaboration, creativity and innovation and enhance the company’s ability to attract, develop and retain the top talent in the industry.
The campus is located in Spring, Texas, on 385 wooded acres immediately to the west of Interstate Highway 45 (I-45), at the intersection of I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road, approximately 25 miles from the cultural vibrancy of downtown Houston.
The campus was constructed to the highest standards of energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. Its design incorporates extensive research into best practices in building and workplace design through extensive benchmarking of the world’s top academic, research, and corporate facilities.
Learn more about what we do in Houston here.
What role you will play in our team
Contracts Engineer leads and manages project contract development for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC, FEED, etc.) and associated scopes typically in the $50M-$5B USD range
What you will do
- Host as required, a Project Contracting Strategy workshop with project management to develop the Project Work Breakdown Structure for the overall capital project
- Lead and manage EPC contract development, including coordination of Job Specification components. Ensure consistency between Principal Document and all other contract components (exhibits, job specification, etc.) prior to bid issue
- Lead the commercial evaluation as a member of the bid review team and ensure that commercial impact of any contractual or technical/execution issues/exceptions that are resolved/changed during the evaluation period are accurately reflected in final total evaluated cost and contract documents
- Ensure all documents and exhibits are complete and included in the final contract, all functional reviews and management approvals are completed/obtained as required
- Possesses strong negotiation skills. Ability to handle conflict and resolve complex commercial exceptions with bidder’s legal and management representaives in a timely manner
- Proficient developing EPC Contracts with Lump Sum, Reimbursable and Unit Rate compensation structures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to share appropriate messages to various levels of leadership as well as external parties
- Strong understanding of contracting and capital project risk management expectations and common business control requirements
- Proactively communicate and collaborate within Projects organization, functions (i.e. legal) and Procurement category families to maximize commercial outcomes
- Monitor status of the contractor market (seeking input from Category Managers)
- Analyze data on market intelligence from other internal groups and use results to optimize project execution strategies
- Integrates overall commercial – technical contracting components and ensures overall contract quality and integrity
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of broad-based contracting experience, related professional experience
- 7-10 years experience in EPC contract development, including commercial negotiations on major capital project contracts
- Strong proficiency in contracting and negotiation skills
- Proficient in oral and written communications
- Outstanding initiative, drive and resilience in day-to-day-activities to meet tight deadlines
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Major International Projects experience
- MBA preferred, but will consider all relevant experience (BS/MS Engineering, MS Construction Management, BS Business (all))
- Commercial – contract development, negotiation and influence, bid development and evaluation, supplier relationship management, contracting strategy development
- Behavioral – drive, resilence, communication skills, ability to integrate easily
- Other – service excellence, sound decision maker, strong collaborator
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Employee equal opportunity
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.
Be the first to comment