At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center – Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
To know more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and the Energy Factor India.
What role you will play in our team
- To work on challenging problems that focus on sales and operations planning, logistics & distribution, and materials management within the global supply chain for the manufacture, distribution, and sale of hydrocarbons
- Understanding a problem in oil and gas space (both commercially/economically and technically), be able to formulate the problem in a solvable way, using application of engineering, numerical, data science and programming skills to tackle a range of problems in the oil and gas industry
What you will do
- Work with data scientists, computational scientists, engineers, software developers, and geoscientists across the globe to develop, deliver and apply computational tools, models, or software to support our business
- Use machine learning, pattern recognition, deep learning, statistical analysis and data visualizations – along with domain knowledge and subject-specific models (eg. physics-based) – to solve science, engineering, commercial problems and provide business insights
- Design, build, and execute studies using proprietary or commercial tools to provide insights including calibrating models to field data and providing field optimization recommendations
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering degree and score 70% and above (equivalent CGPA) from a recognized university in one of the following (or similar) disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in practical development of data science applications including time series analysis, machine learning, and natural language processing in developing, applying, and validating data-driven tools to model complex systems
- Proficient in the use of python or Dataiku
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in applying statistical analysis techniques, such as classification, regression, time-series, Bayesian techniques, etc. and machine learning techniques, such as decision-trees, ensemble methods, deep learning, neural networks, validation methods etc
- Practical experience in the full machine learning life cycle from problem formulation, data acquisition, modeling building, and deployment at enterprise scale.
- Specialization in at least one of the sub-domains e.g. Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision, Time series forecasting, PINN’s, causality analysis
- Experience in Python & R and related packages such as numpy, pandas, sklearn, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Experience with software engineering practices, agile methodologies, DevOps, version control
- Experience working in Azure Databricks or any other data science frameworks
- Software testing and development practices (Agile)
- Knowledge of supply chain operations including demand planning, inventory optimization, vehicle routing, network optimization is an advantage
- Experience in developing, applying, and analyzing physics-based and/or data driven computational models and simulations is an advantage
- Prior knowledge of commercial software development and/or experience in commercial software teams
- Experience of identifying and scoping data science opportunities based on business needs is an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
Annual vacations & holidays
Day care assistance program
Training and development program
Tuition assistance program
Workplace flexibility policy
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
Stay connected with us
- Learn more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and Energy Factor India.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.