At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
With a population of more than 118,000, Beaumont ,Texas, is located in the Gulf Coast region of the United States, on the Neches River, about 85 miles east of Houston, the nation’s fourth largest city. Beaumont has been a home to the oil industry from the days of the Spindletop oil boom until today, and along with nearby Port Arthur and Orange, is part of the Golden Triangle industrial area on the Texas Gulf Coast. Those who live and work in Beaumont will find a close-knit community with friendly people and opportunities to explore the area at its many restaurants and businesses, as well as numerous museums and nature parks.
Built along the banks of the Neches River in 1903, the original ExxonMobil Beaumont refining facilities have grown into an integrated petrochemical complex on 2,700 acres and have contributed to the economic and social landscape of southeast Texas. In fact, 1 in 7 jobs in Jefferson County are linked to ExxonMobil, making it an integral part of the community. With a workforce of more than 5,500, the Beaumont complex includes a refinery, chemical plant, polyethylene plant and lubricant blending and packaging plant. The complex is part of ExxonMobil’s current building and expansion plans for the U.S. Gulf Coast.
Not only does Beaumont produce Mobil 1, the world’s leading synthetic motor oil, it is the only manufacturer of Mobil Aviation Greases. Other products include fuels and chemical compounds used in a diverse range of products, including plastics, Nylon, shrink wrap and more.
Learn more about what we do in Beaumont here.
What role you will play in our team
The Electrical Engineer, as part of the Engineering Services department at a major integrated petrochemical manufacturing facility, is responsible for the optimization, troubleshooting, and design of a wide variety of electrical equipment. This involves time in the field ensuring that the installed electrical equipment contributes to safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and profitable operations. The Electrical Engineer will be located in Beaumont, TX.
What you will do
- Maintain close contact with operations, maintenance, engineering, and project development to identify and implement electrical equipment repairs and reliability improvements
- Design and specify electrical equipment such as motors, breakers, relays, generators, substations, buses, starters, transformers, and other industrial electrical equipment (480V to 138kV)
- Coordinate projects for new or replacement equipment among engineering, maintenance, and operations
- Commissioning, startup assistance, and support of electrical systems with maintenance personnel
- Serve as an electrical technology expert liaison between Project Engineers, Plant Maintenance, and Operations personnel
About you Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in petrochemical industry with power systems as an Electrical Engineer
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at different levels of engineering, design, maintenance, and management
- Ability to work with internal customers as well as suppliers and repair facilities of electrical equipment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both written and verbal form for the purpose of instructing others in technical matters and obtaining cooperation from various personnel
- Problem solving / troubleshooting of electrical systems
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety standards and Area Electrical Classification standards (NFPA, NEC, and NETA)
- Knowledge of SKM Modeling, System Studies, and Coordination
- Willing to travel domestically or internationally in support of electrical equipment construction or repairs
- Work experience in petrochemical production units and awareness of surroundings from a safety and environmental point of view
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life.
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match.
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing.
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you.
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you.
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.
Be the first to comment