Houston – United States
The Electrical Engineer acts as a technical lever and is responsible of designing the Electrical system required to operate facility projects.
Role and Responsibilites:
- Meets or exceeds project expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits.
- Co-ordination with intra / inter disciplinary team and provide the required deliverable’s as and when requested
- Review and understand client specifications during proposal phase. Raise clarifications and deviations not inline with Company standards.
- Create or review the electrical design basis and project specifications.
- Provide technical requirement for electrical equipment and preliminary MTO’s for electrical bulk material during proposals. Perform technical bid analysis on quotes received from supply chain.
- Provide inputs to other disciplines during project execution.
- Participate in engineering meetings.
- Responsible to deliver electrical engineering documents as per project schedule and in accordance to project budget.
- Provide engineering hours estimate during proposals for its discipline. Responsible for tracking engineering hours for its discipline during project execution.
- Able to design and specify the grounding, lighting, atmospheric protection and cathodic protection systems.
- Develop the electrical load balance and hazardous area classification drawings considering other disciplines inputs.
- Perform or review, comment and approve electrical studies.
- Develop all electrical equipment datasheets, material selection and technical specification to be included in the technical requisition during project execution. Develop all electrical detail drawings during project execution.
- Perform technical bid analysis of all electrical equipment and electrical bulk material. Provide feedback to vendors.
- Review, comment and approved all outsourced electrical engineering.
- Review, comment and approved all electrical equipment vendors’ documentation.
- Participation and close out action items client or internal HAZOP meeting. Participate in Electrical Panel FAT and SAFOP.
- Lead and assist junior electrical engineers/designers when developing engineering deliverables.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in its discipline in accordance to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide support to processing facilities as required by Operations on engineering/technical matters.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required to fulfill project and business needs.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years Industry experience
- Prior work experience in Production Facility Engineering, Management of Construction suppliers, Site Engineering support for Pre-commissioning, Commissioning activities.
- Facilities Engineering and Construction, with strong Engineering background.
- Sound knowledge in Engineering, Installation and commissioning phase of large scale Oil and Gas projects.
- Experience in electrical power and grounding systems, HV/MV/LV switchgear, motors, Generators, VFDs, transformer
- Preffered experience:
- Experience in electrical power and grounding systems, HV/MV/LV switchgear, motors, Generators, VFDs, transformers
- Experience in cathodic protection systems.
- Experience in electrical heat tracing calculations.
- Knowledge in IEEE, IEC, NEMA and other international standards
- Expertise with ETAP for performing electrical power systems calculations.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.