Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN – LV
State on the advert –The post is based offshore on the BP Glen Lyon on a 3/3 rotation
- Ensure all work undertaken is safe, and in compliance and accordance with statutory Health and Safety procedures, maintenance manuals, specific work instructions, safe systems of work (Control of Work/Permit to Work) and all recommended safe working practices
- Actively participate in thorough pre-job risk assessments for all non-routine activities and confirm that they are accurately reflected in the resultant Permit to Work
- Actively participate in any pre-job site inspections/toolbox talks for maintenance activities
- Participation in safety observations and carry out active monitoring audits, as required
- Ensure all required personal protective equipment (PPE) is appropriately used
- Ensure all work party members, especially third-party personnel, fully understand the purpose of, and can use, required emergency response equipment
- Ensure all personnel in proximity of works are fully aware of planned works, associated risks and control/mitigation measures in place
- Ensure compliance with established clean workplace practices
- Ensure all accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformances are fully reported
- Under direction, undertake routine inspection, servicing and adjustment of equipment
- Under direction, support performance and condition monitoring and assessment
- Review maintenance work orders and ensure all requirements/preparations are fully undertaken before commencement of works
- Ensure any spares requirements are communicated to MDL in line with gate compliance timescales
- Communicate with operations personnel for start-up and shutdown of relevant equipment
- Undertake planned and corrective maintenance on electrical equipment, ensuring any work carried out is in compliance with company procedures
- Maintain safety critical equipment in accordance with regulations
- Ensure equipment and systems are reinstated to required condition and performance
- Support diagnostic activities and analysis to rectify faults
- Report all work completed in CMMS
- Respond to ‘out of hours’ call-outs, as requested
- Provide input on any modifications made to equipment or systems for reporting to onshore discipline engineer to update ‘as-built’ drawing status
- Responsible for management and completion of competency prolife (CPP)
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE DUTIES
- In the event of an emergency, carry out duties as identified in the emergency response procedure or as directed by OIM. Personnel are required to undertake any training associated with these roles.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Appropriate vocational qualifications or certification in electrical maintenance
- IRATA Level 1 Rope Access certification – desired or willing to complete if required by the platform
- 5 years previous experience in the oil and gas/petrochemical industry in a similar or equivalent role
- Experience and competence in the following areas:
- site specific electrical competence (CEP)
- electrical equipment in hazardous areas (CompEx)
- Ex protection maintenance and inspection
- authorised safeguarding systems testing
- equipment installation/de-commissioning
- Good awareness of work planning and scheduling
- Familiarity of CMMS – Maximo or equivalent work management system
- Good understanding of electrical safety rules and regulations
- Good understanding and comfortable with the use of P&IDs
- Performing Authority (Permit to Work system)
- Previous Isolating Authority experience
- First Aid training (including CPR)
- Good awareness of safe Working At Height practices
- Respected, contributory team member able to establish rapport with others
- Good communicator, accurately relates information, uses active listening to ensure own understanding and is comfortable with written, spoken or electronic media
- Actively demonstrates commitment to higher performance standards
- Understands own roles and importance of working to objectives and standards
- Understands team goals and priorities, appreciates cost implications of own actions
- Understands the importance of compliance and impact of non-conformance
- Has good problem solving skills, corrective action planning and follow-up
CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Offshore Survival (BOSIET/FOET)
- Offshore Medical (OGUK)
- Further mandatory training requirements, as per agreed training matrix
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.