Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
At Devon, we will offer you a career full of energy and unmatched opportunities to solve today’s greatest challenges. Innovation, creative problem-solving and positive change happen when people step out of their comfort zone and think differently. Our values, workplace practices, wellness programs, benefits and compensation are aimed at helping employees manage their unique personal life and care for their families so they can focus on contributing to the fullest.
The SWD Pump Mechanic maintains equipment on oil and gas facilities, repairing or replacing equipment as needed. Works under minimal supervision and is capable of handling highly complex problems. Help meet the BU SWD reliability, continue the self-performed troubleshooting efforts in lieu of hiring third party contractors.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 2 years of related industry experience in lease operations with maintenance responsibilities
• Demonstrate and promote safe and ethical behavior at all times.
• Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected.
• Understand and apply all Devon Energy policies and ensure others comply with these policies.
• Maintain regulatory compliance.
• Demonstrate basic mechanical knowledge and process flow of SWD facility.
• Perform operational checks of SWD facilities and wells.
• Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with the Operations Engineers, Superintendents, Foremen, and Environmental Health and Safety Department
• Maintain positive relationship with Local, state/province, Provincial and Federal representatives and Landowners
• Secure and maintain all Company equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis or test equipment.
• Working with other members of the team to ensure that all equipment is in good working order and safe to use.
• Monitoring the condition of equipment to ensure that it is safe for use and repairing or replacing parts as necessary.
• Maintaining the inventory of parts needed to repair or replace equipment components.
• Repairing centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps, horizontal pumps and other equipment used to move produced water.
• Performing routine maintenance on equipment, perform oil changes, grease equipment, and change seals, valves, packing, etc.
• Capture FLIR images of tanks and inspecting facilities for leaks.
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Strong commitment to safety and environment
• Basic computer skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Creative individual, capable of analyzing and solving mechanical problems
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must meet requirements of Company Policy
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.