Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage, and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit, regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs and planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
The post is based offshore on a 2/3 rotation with a 12-month fixed term.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
- Take personal responsibility for safety and adhere to Petrofac’s ‘Life Saving Rules’.
- ‘Live’ our Petrofac values and apply them in our day-to-day work.
- Ensuring that power generation, power distribution, and all electrical equipment are maintained and operated safely and reliably.
- Working within the safety case and safety management system and acting as a responsible electrical person when delegated under the company’s electrical procedures.
- Ensuring safe switching and isolation practices are carried out.
- Completing routine maintenance, fault diagnosis, corrective maintenance, and installation of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Carrying out a planned maintenance programme, meeting statutory and vendor requirements, and ensuring that all work is recorded accurately.
- Updating and maintaining the CMMS system
- Coordinating with operations personnel for the start-up and shutdown of electrical equipment.
- Ensuring work carried out by third-party personnel conforms to statutory regulations.
- Ensuring all electrical equipment located in hazardous areas has the correct ‘ex’ rating for the correct hazardous zone and is installed and maintained in accordance with current procedures and standards.
- Installing and commissioning new equipment.
- Carry out planning, procurement, and CMMS work orders in preparation for maintenance activities.
- Operate as part of a multi-disciplined integrated team and undertake maintenance in order to minimise production disruptions.
- Assisting other trades and disciplines as required within the limits, capabilities, and experience.
- Liaise with Technical Authorities and asset-responsible Responsible Engineers when required regarding issues relating to electrical equipment and systems held on the asset
- Performing in an emergency role as defined by the company emergency response procedures.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- A recognised electrical apprenticeship or training scheme.
- A minimum City & Guilds or equivalent, with an HNC/ONC or equivalent preferred.
- Offshore First Aid
- BOSIET, FOET, AND MIST
- OGUK Medical
- HERTM or HERTL
- 1st Aid
- Electricity at Work
- BS7671, 18th Edition (Favourable)
- Electrical Protection Theory (Favorite)
- Maintenance support activities in a Hazardous Industry environment
- Multi-skilling and operations
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.