Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Technician on a permanent basis based in Douglas, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- The safe, efficient and effective operation of the installation (including satellites) electrical systems and equipment while acting as Responsible Person in accordance with legislation.
- When assessed as competent, perform process and production operator duties and tasks as required and under the guidance, direction and control of the Petrofac Supervisor and / or main control room during planned and unplanned shutdowns and process start up.
- Complete the duties of the Responsible Authorised Electrical Person when nominated and deemed competent by Authorising Engineer in accordance with Client Electrical Safety Rules.
- Stop, start and synchronise the HV and LV generation systems and equipment as required.
- Carry out switching on HV and LV distribution systems and drilling generators to support production, as required.
- Apply and remove busbar main earth.
- Alter electrical protection settings as required on HR and LV distribution systems.
- Isolate / de-isolate electrical systems and equipment in accordance with electrical working precautions Company Operating procedures and standards including:
- LV small power distribution system
- LV battery / UPS system
- HV distribution system
- Safeguarding the reliability, availability and “fit for purpose” operational condition of electrical systems and equipment sufficient to meet the operational availability targets of the installation.
- Assist specialist contractor personnel as necessary in the undertaking and execution of preventative and corrective maintenance activity and tasks on the Electrical equipment.
- Ensure work programmes and schedules are completed safely, efficiently, effectively and within planned timescales.
- Ensure all jobs are accompanied by the necessary and accurately completed documentation.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience in diagnosing and resolving maintenance and / or operational problems and / or identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in the offshore industry is advantageous
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training course
- OGUK medical
- ERT medical
- ONC level ‘Electrical’ or equivalent
- Emergency Response Team Member
- Offshore First Aid
- BRUSH Prismic AVR’s
- Electrical Regulations and Safety Rules
- HV Switching
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- PAT Testing
- Permit to work system awareness (preferably ISSoW)
- Computerized planned maintenance system (preferably SAP)
- STOP and/or Synergy awareness or equivalent.
- Manual handling
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.