We have a current opportunity for a Engineering Manager on a contract basis. The position will be based in Hampshire.
This is an Energy firm, which performs a key role developing projects and providing expert engineering support to energy businesses worldwide. The company has an integrated operation office in the UK in Basingstoke.
The firm has smart working – approx 2 days a week in the office and the rest of the week from home.
- Proven experience in managing an engineering team
- Experience of managing engineering input to projects or work packages
- Ability to lead and function within a project team, providing regular and constructive feedback
- Ability to prioritise own and others’ workload, manage time and change control accordingly and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of schedule, quality and budget.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Ability to effectively solve problems, within a context of cost, contract and risk management
- Ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.