Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: Finance Accountant
The position is required to assist in the preparation of forecasts, MIS statements, oversee office costing and any other analysis as and when required as well as manage Inter-company Accounting, Fixed Assets, bank and cash data entry as and when required.
- Prepare quarterly, half yearly, yearly and three yearly forecasts on the existing and expected contracts based on approved assumptions from management.
- Prepare monthly MIS reports including financial summary, project summary, overheads analysis, bank facilities and cash flow.
- Generate reports on costs summarizing the total costs incurred by the branches on a monthly basis.
- Carry out any other kind of analysis as and when required including analysis of overheads, turnover etc.
- Carry out all intercompany accounting requirements including raising monthly debit notes to various group companies for expenses/costs incurred by PIL, manage Accounting for all Invoices received from various group companies of Petrofac as approved by the respective
- Coordinate with various group accountants to get the Intercompany balances reconciled at the month end and to ensure that all disputes are sorted out on a regular basis and follow up on all Intercompany payments and generate periodic reports on the same.
- Maintain the fixed assets register including calculation of Depreciation for all blocks of Assets on a monthly basis and pass all the required journals on a monthly basis and get it approved/posted by the Finance BP/Finance Director.
- Maintain in strict confidence and in a secure environment all bank advices, bank statements and fixed deposit confirmations.
- Carry out all site-data entry and reconciliation.
- Perform all payroll related activities, in the absence of the payroll accountant including issuing of salary certificates, salary and HR advances, computation of deductions and reimbursements for the month, checking of payroll, preparation of salary transfer letters and address any payroll related queries that employees may have.
- Carry out any other activities as and when required by the supervisor.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting / finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in managing accounts in a large organization.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) qualification or working towards completion of studies.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Capable of interpreting/analysing financial and proficient in MS Office Application
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly independent person with sense of urgency, responsible and result-oriented
- Positive work attitude and able to work under pressure.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.