Phitsanulok – Thailand
The HSE Specialist is responsible for supporting local management in establishing and continuously improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) culture within the worksite.
- Develop managers’ awareness and ensure HSE policies and standards are an integral part of line management responsibilities and objectives.
- Assist line management with: Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System; monitoring HSE objectives; liaising with local contractors and agencies regarding HSE; assessing local risks; generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists; preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at the location level; monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures; compliance audits and self-audits.
- Advise management on corrective actions required.
- Coordinate and participate in screening and HSE training of personnel, including contractors.
- Keep abreast of new documentation and training material related to HSE and inform management accordingly.
- Ensure that HSE documentation is updated and available onsite.
- Advise management on the level local HSE compliance with Schlumberger, local and host country regulations.
- Monitor and follow up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings and HSE audits.
- Support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- Maintain a high level of HSE awareness among personnel through communication, training and promoting involvement in HSE programs.
- Recommend improvements to the HSE program.
- Review QUEST to ensure that logged data is correct and up to date.
- Analyze HSE trends for the location.
- Minimum degree or masters (BSc/MSc) in Safety/HSE or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related HSE field. Oil and gas and local authorities experience will be added advantages.
- Willing to be based in Phitsanulok and travel between Bangkok and Phitsanulok for business.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Thai.
- Having light vehicle driving license, safety committee certificate, hazardous chemical specialist certificate, and RSO certificate level 1 or 2 will be added advantages.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.