At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil Global Trading is where we trade oil, natural gas, and energy products safely and responsibly around the world. We leverage our expertise in analytics, logistics, origination, and knowledge of energy markets to maximize the value of our global assets and deliver industry-leading results. This is an exciting time to join our growing trading team and be an integral part of ExxonMobil.
What you will do
Through our internship program, you will gain first-hand experience with an industry leader in the refining and petrochemical industry, where your work, and that of the teams, contributes to the growth and future of our business, as we provide energy, sustainable products and solutions for society. You will also gain valuable experience and contribute to the dynamic world of commodity trading. You will work closely with experienced Trading Analysts and learn about the intricacies of the oil market. Your primarily responsibility is to assist the AP Trading Analytic Team in analyzing market data, market study and support ad hoc trading activities.
Your internship will be assessed, and the process includes a formal final review of project delivery and performance by your supervisor. You’ll also be asked to prepare a final presentation and/or provide a report out about your project / work achieved. You can look forward to the following in your time with us:
- Data Management – Collect and maintain accurate trading data and ensuring its availability for analysis and reporting. This include refineries outages/ expansion/ closure etc., country statistics such as demand, supply, etc.
- Trading reports – Develop weekly reports such as refinery outages, country inventory reports, ect. for the trading team
- Research and Reporting – Conduct ad-hoc analysis and prepare reports on specific market, trends, etc. to assist in decision making
Outstanding candidates may be offered a full-time job offer to kick start your career.
Skills and Qualifications
To be eligible for our Internship Program, you should be:
• Preferably in your penultimate year of study
• A degree in any Engineering course, Computational Science, Data Analytic, Statistic/ Mathematics major, Business/ Accountancy
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills to interpret market data
• Excellent attention to detail for accurate analysis
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with team members and other trading functions
• Experience and competent in working with spreadsheets, data analysis using excels, Power BI etc. and competent in programming such as Python, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment and adapt to changing market conditions.
Stay connected with us:
- Learn more at our website
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.