Lead Process Engineer
County Mayo, Ireland
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our Operations team. Based in Co. Mayo, Ireland. You will be working on a gas terminal, report directly to the Terminal Manager and be an integral part of the Operations Team. You will provide both day to day and long term technical support to Operations with respect to optimum, efficient and safe plant operations. The successful candidate will join a team that values its people and provides work with purpose.
What you will do
- Aid in safety and environmental case updates as required
- Act as guardian of technical process safety documentation, e.gs. PFS, PEFS, PSFS, safeguarding memorandum, electronic Line /control valve/orifices list
- Propose and review plant change documentation
- Review and counter sign operational risk assessments and procedural updates with significant process engineering content
- Review and aid in piping/vessel integrity issues
- Support operations during constrained operations, development of supplementary operating procedures
- Manage and support where relevant the process safety management system
- Identifying, participating and leading small scale process studies including, de-bottlenecking and plant modelling
- Manage and provide relevant support to regulatory submissions e.g. EU emissions trading system
- Maintain historical documentation to ensure corporate memory is maintained
- Participate in Integrity review (DBRA), HAZOPS, HAZID’s, IPF reviews
- Participate in incident investigations particularly those with process safety, product quality and efficiency aspects
- Manage contract process engineering support as required
What you will bring
- Relevant Engineering Degree (BSc or equivalent) such as chemical, biochemical, mechanical engineering
- Member of Engineers Ireland or equivalent recognized professional institute desirable
- Proven track record in gas processing industry essential
- Strong technical experience working in process engineering
- In-depth understanding of process engineering software and systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.