Duration 12 Months Renewable
LocationParis (2 years) then Oman (2 years).
Status Residential in France then Oman
The consultant’s overall responsibility is:
- In charge and responsible for the LNG PLANT Process Engineering documentation including from Vendors and Licensors delivered in time and in compliance with the DESIGN DOSSIER.
- Ensure process studies are at required quality level and in accordance with forecast planning and costs.
- Initiate and supervise specific process studies when necessary or when required by the Project.
- Review and challenge the design changes and change orders from the EPC Contractor.
- Ensure that the PLANT detailed design for Process complies with S.O.R., contract documentation in particular performances guarantees, schedule, budget and safety practices.
- Contribute to process schemes optimisation in term of overall products valorisation and cost optimisation in coordination with the other project technical disciplines (safety, mechanical, electricity, instrumentation…).
- Report to the Engineering Manager and project engineers, highlighting the concerns encountered in the performance of his/her duties.
- Provide technical assistance as required to the Area Managers.
- Promote and participate in process meetings with Contractors.
- Participate to Vendors and Licensors selection and in particular for LLIs (technical evaluation).
- Ensure design validity and coherence with other disciplines and throughout the LNG Facilities.
- Participates actively to proper interface management with all LNG contractor ( TANK, SIPC, OQGN, etc)
- Ensure LNG PLANT process design consistency, optimization, operability and flexibility which implies interfaces management and leadership towards other packages.
- Call for/Participate to interfaces coordination activities and ensure synergies are developed between the different Contractors.
- Check that process control schemes will ensure stable operation of the overall facilities (normal operating mode, degraded situation,
- Avoid contractor stand-by/delays by prompt response to engineering queries and request for waiver (if any) and unexpected technical issues, by a proactive and proefficient approach.
- Get knowledge of the Omani norms and practices and use it in project when relevant.
- Ensures that Process related detailed engineering activities are performed as per Company know-how, with required level of quality,
- safety and with respect of environment, within the agreed time schedule
- Participate to technical reviews of the overall installations (HAZID, HAZOP,PTR,…) as required.
- Provide support and technical expertise to the Project with regards to his/her discipline for any technical audits required by the banks and the insurance companies or Board of Directors
- Organizes with its counterpart discipline weekly meetings and report highlights to its management with proposed mitigation measures when deemed required.
- Prepare Lessons Learnt and Feedback report for his/her discipline.
- Participates to internal engineering weekly meetings.
- Provides its technical inputs to any contractual discussions with EPC Contractor.
- Contributes to the development of the digital plant though the centric data management when applicable.
- Provide comments, review and approval of EPC Contractor, Vendors and Licensors deliverables related to his/her discipline.
- Give Instructions/Orientations to the Contractor according to main project objectives.
- Monitor the LNG plant EPC Contractor activity and guide the design of the installations by close participation in the design activities, review and comment on the corresponding detailed design deliverables
- Ensure consistency and completeness in design choices made in different areas of the LNG plant design
- Assist commissioning, start up and Operation team when required. Transfer project knowledge to operations.
- Prepare REX and Lessons Learnt all along the FEED.
- Report to Engineering Manager on progress of his/her activity.and on potential impact on overall project strategy, planning and target
- Participate to the critical process equipment packages factory inspections as deemed necessary.
- Contribute to personnel skills improvement and encourage knowledge transfer
- Contribute to the advancement of working methods and tools within his/her speciality
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Process/Chemical Engineer with proven experience (> 15 years) with large onshore plants and LNG plants detailed design, including Licensors.
- Professional experience: several years of proven experience in EPSCC / start up/ operation stages of LNG projects, including process simulation
- Experience to work with contractors/licensors an Company/Client side
- Strong team work and decision making skills, previous management experience desirable
- Knowledge of project development in Oman and methods used to submit dossier to state expertise, permitting process, technical approval, Omani norms and standards, are all either an advantage or to progressively acknowledge and incorporate.
- Fluent in English
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.