- Experience working directly with Class I railroads and local short lines.
- Manages utilization and cost of rail car fleet.
- Under broad direction, supervises a team that organizes moves for land in compliance with local law
- Oversees complete logistics process cycle to include execution of proper documentation for domestic and international movement
- Manages the preparation and planning for movements in all modes * Understands and coordinates the pre-inspection process
- Reviews performance of lanes and service levels and identifies where improvements are needed
- Collects and analyzes data to use in Quarterly Business Reviews
- Negotiates with logistics service providers to achieve long term goals and a sustainable competitive advantage
- Develops and analyzes request for proposals (RFPs)
- Understanding of contracts and Incoterms
- Develops and implements logistics strategies in line with area and region initiatives * Seeks alternative ways to improve the moves and logistics services for the economic benefit of the company
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Information Systems or Engineering and 5 to 7 years of experience in related field of logistics with all transport modes (Ocean, Air and Land) to include hazardous cargo movements
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Logistics Manager
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.