Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
The post is based offshore on the Hewett Assets on a 2/3 rota – fixed term 6 months
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
- To have sufficient understanding of process safety and major accident hazard management to be able to effectively contribute and influence business decisions impacting process safety.
- Commitment to incident free operations.
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are conducted in a manner that protects the health, safety and welfare of the people and assets of their facility.
- Where appropriate, position to provide input to major accident hazard management, in particular the prevention, detection, control, mitigation and response to major accidents.
- Ensuring work programs are executed in a safe, competent and timely manner, are correctly prioritised and resourced (manpower and equipment) and optimised within the overall workload on the facility, to meet asset business goals and objectives.
- Directly responsible for the management and effective use of the maintenance management system, to demonstrate compliance with asset verification scheme, maintenance of all safety and business critical equipment, management of backlog key performance indicators (KPI’s) and an audit trail for the regulatory authorities.
- Directly responsible for Class CMS (Continuous Machinery Survey) and offshore focal point for maintaining records and removing outstanding CC’s issued at annual and five yearly class surveys and renewal.
- Directly responsible as an area authority, within the permit to work system, to ensure all maintenance activities strictly adhere to safe system of work, all contractors and vendors are adequately supervised and time managed, and conduct and housekeeping are maintained to the highest standards.
- Supervise, coach and support direct reports in a professional manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and supervising all the portion of the annual budget that is associated with the offshore cost centres of the relevant facility (maintenance cost codes).
- Responsible for contributing to and updating as necessary the:
- Facility registers (PSV, Flexible Hose, Set Point, and 3rd Party Registers)
- Critical spares lists, supplies and storage.
- Facility 1 year operational and maintenance and shutdown plans
- Contributing to identifying and agreeing the work programs and budgets for following years.
- Part of the Production Group Asset team that shall deliver:
- Continuous performance improvement for the facility
- Optimisation of offshore maintenance crew.
- Cross facility needs.
- Critical contractor management
- Execute duties as specified in the station/bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by OIM.
- Recommends changes to equipment and maintenance routines to improve performance, efficiency, cost management and productivity.
- Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures.
- Commit to Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment required for the role.
- Ensure their teams meet the expected competency levels required to carry out the duties expected.
- Input to the succession planning process, ensuring development of the team ensuring a focus on key positions within the team.
- Deliver offshore the maintenance and continuous survey requirements on behalf of the class and verification authorities required of the asset, in a way that re-enforces company values and protects the reliability, integrity and compliance of the asset.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of crew, and areas of environment pertaining to their position.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience in a maintenance supervisory role preferably in an offshore environment.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an offshore maintenance environment.
- Awareness of major accident hazards and knowledge of key safety legislation and regulations.
- Technical knowledge with operating and maintenance experience on marine and plant with power generation, high voltage distribution, rotary, and reciprocating machinery.
- Experience in the control and use of “Safe Systems of Work” (PTW) including their procedures.
- Experience of maintenance planning, organising, coordinating, and control/monitoring work across a range of disciplines.
- Manage risks effectively.
- Be action orientated, results driven and able to inspire others.
- Supervisory experience in offshore or similar environment and Vendor management experience.
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.