Our Client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Flow Assurance Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
As a member of the Front End & System Engineering team, the Senior Flow Assurance Engineer will be involved in several stages of the field development process, all the way to later project phases. The Senior Flow Assurance Engineer will work closely with Study Managers to define the best technical solution for the field.
The primary contribution will be through undertaking steady state and transient thermal and transient thermal and hydraulic flow simulations. The role will involve close interaction with other engineering disciplines internal, or sometimes external, such as subsurface/reservoir engineering, production chemistry, subsea pipelines and distribution and topsides process.
Study/project activities will be based mainly in the flow assurance arena but may also involve other process engineering activities or advising on the technical viability of a range of field development scenarios, based on analysis results and experience. Although the principal interactions will be with the UK teams, it is also possible that activities may involve interfacing with teams overseas.
In the context of day to day activities, the Senior Flow Assurance Engineer may be asked to steer and help the development of junior flow assurance personnel or sometimes contributes to internal initiatives within the wider Front End & System Engineering team.
* Lead flow assurance exercises on field development studies and/or projects.
* Apply flow assurance engineering skills to integrated studies independently.
* Assist PEM & FDE in client facing meeting and contributes towards field scenario framing exercise
* Supervise the work of less experienced flow assurance engineers
Initiatives – Internal Capability Consolidation & Technology Development
* Contribute towards the growth and continuous improvement of engineering methodologies & design tools (development or consolidation)
* Keeping up to date with new technology capabilities
* Pro-active participation to Client flow assurance network.
Qualifications / Experience
* Degree qualified, ideally BEng or MEng.
* Ideally have achieved chartered engineer status.
* Relevant experience in upstream oil and gas projects
* Preferably prior experience in field development / conceptual / front end subsea engineering.
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment, including working closely with process, pipeline and subsea engineers.
* Expert knowledge of flow assurance and fluid analysis applications such as OLGA, PIPESIM, PIPEFLO, PVTsim and HYSYS etc.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/050611
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.