Occidental is an International Energy Company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions.
We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Marketing Systems Operations Support Lead within our IT Marketing Systems team based in Houston, TX.
As an Oxy Midstream and Marketing Operations Support lead, you will play a key role in supporting ongoing daily support and development efforts for Oxy’s Midstream and Marketing business. You will be the primary person focusing on daily issues as well as ensuring and coordinating regularly scheduled deployments. Additionally, you will work closely with other Marketing Systems team members to develop and deliver identified applications and enhancements. Further, you will be responsible for improving and providing efficiencies within the day-to-day operations support model.
- Provide technical support to the ETRM system and ensure its smooth functioning.
- Work closely with the trading and risk management teams to identify and resolve issues and provide timely solutions.
- Monitor and maintain the ETRM system and ensure that it is up-to-date and running efficiently.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for the ETRM systems as well as and related systems.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure that the ETRM systems are integrated with other systems and applications.
- Participate in the testing and implementation of new ETRM system features and upgrades.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in supporting an ETRM system (Allegro, RightAngle, Endur).
- Experience with one or more of the following: Visual Studio, C#.NET, SSRS, MS SQL Server, Oracle, IIS Management and Configuration, OR ASP.NET.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with agile boards and in agile environments
- Experience planning deployments, communicating plans, dependencies and risks
- Demonstrated prioritization skills (knowing which issues make the largest impact on the business) and ability to negotiate with stakeholders
Relocation will not be provided.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Information Technology
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.