At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
What role you will play in our team
- Reporting within the Upstream Strategy and Business Development organization, you will have the opportunity to contribute your commercial expertise to a range of upstream businesses and projects. These may include acquisitions and divestments, exploration, power, opportunity evaluations, strategy and planning, and Upstream operations.
- As a Business Analyst you will be an ambassador for commercial acumen within the corporation. You will serve as a hub of information, combining technical and financial inputs to generate economic and market insights that drive major decisions.
What you will do
- Provide analytical and business development support to assigned upstream oil and gas or low carbon projects.
- Utilize economic analysis, modeling, business acumen and opportunity evaluation to facilitate improved business investment, opportunity shaping and portfolio quality decisions.
- Understand the commercial and contract structure for the business and support business development activities.
- Facilitate internal stewardship and provide detailed analysis and commentary to stakeholders.
- Create presentations for meetings with executive management team.
- Interface and support management, business lines, and other support teams as appropriate.
- Exhibit deep curiosity, demonstrating strategic thinking to drive long term growth.
- Contribute as member of an integrated business team responsible for the project/business activity, including cross functional collaboration and identification of business improvement opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Finance or a related field from a recognized university with minimum GPA of 6.5 and above.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Project Cash Flow Economics or Financial Analysis or Risk Estimation or Commercial negotiations and Designs in the Energy Industry.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial, technical, commercial or business analysis roles.
- Experience with project financial modelling and investment evaluation.
- Strong analytical skills and Excel proficiency.
- Demonstrated team player and leader with a strong work ethic.
- Strong commitment to excellence and effective communication.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- Previous experience in Energy preferred, but not required (including LNG, unconventional, deepwater, heavy oil etc.)
- Experience with financial modeling, reporting financial metrics and cash flow analysis.
- Demonstrated history of adaptability and collaboration.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
Stay connected with us
- Learn more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and Energy Factor India.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and ExxonMobil (@exxonmobil) • Instagram photos and videos
- Like us on Facebook
- Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.