Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil and gas producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions.
We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Manager, Corporate Development within our Corporate Development Group based in Houston.
- Progress acquisitions, divestitures, mergers or contractual relationship opportunities from inception through execution while interfacing with key business lines and functions (e.g., legal, tax, treasury, finance, IR).
- Perform financial analysis on transactions, align historical financials and forecasts, perform financial diligence on transactions and generate financial pro formas.
- Manage and develop financial models and run analysis and sensitivities on different projects or aspects of projects including running analysis on rates of return, accretion/dilution, price scenarios, etc.
- Lead and/or support and participate in commercial development and negotiations.
- Review contracts to ensure compliance with pricing, measurement, commitments, and other contract provisions.
- Prepare and present materials to senior management to obtain transaction approval and facilitate decision-making.
- Work with teams to generate creative solutions to key business challenges. This requires looking at opportunities across business lines and the energy value chain to develop holistic, value generating solutions.
- Stay abreast of key trends and structures evolving in the external market to infuse into current projects.
- Assist with various projects and perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Role requires working outside of normal hours at times and may require some travel.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, finance, economics, engineering, accounting or related field of study.
· 8+ years of related work experience across the energy value chain (upstream, chemicals, trading, midstream, downstream).
· Very good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Must be detail-oriented and possess superior analytical skills.
· Ability to independently research ad hoc projects or analysis, as assigned.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities/projects.
· Ability to successfully interface in a team environment with both internal and cross functional teams.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with the ability learn new software quickly.
· High energy, ability to deal with ambiguity and driven, proactive self-management are needed for this role.
· Master’s degree in business, finance or accounting.
· Commercial experience in a related role such as business development, M&A, banking, finance and/or strategy.
· Experience in commercial development, deal structuring and contract negotiations.
· Meaningful background preparing oil and gas asset valuations.
· Strong knowledge of accounting and finance.
· Project management and execution experience.
Relocation will not be provided.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
– Business Development
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.