Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
At Devon, we will offer you a career full of energy and unmatched opportunities to solve today’s greatest challenges. Innovation, creative problem-solving and positive change happen when people step out of their comfort zone and think differently. Our values, workplace practices, wellness programs, benefits and compensation are aimed at helping employees manage their unique personal life and care for their families so they can focus on contributing to the fullest.
The E&P Ops Produced Water Operator position is necessary to meet the needs for water recycling and SWD operations while performing troubleshooting efforts to maintain water quality and operational equipment. The following job responsibilities and requirements are listed below:
EDUCATION High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Requires a minimum of 2 years of related Oil and Gas industry experience and or 2 years of SWD Operation experience.
• Demonstrate and promote safe and ethical behavior at all times.
• Possess the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected.
• Understand and apply all Devon Energy policies and ensure others comply with these policies.
• Maintain regulatory compliance.
• Demonstrate basic mechanical knowledge and process flow of produced water facilities.
• Perform operational checks of assigned produced water facilities and wells.
• Conduct production test and perform minor repairs.
• General lease site upkeep (fences, signs, weeds, trash).
• Responsible for troubleshooting field equipment issues, including but not limited to SWD
Facilities, PW Pipeline Operation.
• Assist in filling gaps outside of assigned area when needed including but not limited to coverage
over weekends, holidays, and vacation relief.
• Capable of safely climbing stairs, ladders, fixed to various equipment during production and
• Oil and Gas Industry Experience Preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Basic computer skills
• Commitment to safety and environmental stewardship
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Communication across multiple disciplines within Devon Energy
• Able to work within a team environment
• Able to travel and work extended hours
• Position requires operation of Devon Energy vehicles. Incumbent must maintain a clean driving
record and adhere to Devon Energy policies.
• Live in or be willing to relocate to the local operating area as required by Devon Energy.
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.