Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Production Technician on a permanent basis for a 2-2-2-2-2-3 rotation based in Douglas, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Operates as part of a team responsible for the continuous processing of products under the direction of control room technician, gathering data/equipment and identifies actions required to minimise failure.
- Completes pre-start-up/operator checks, ensuring all interdependent systems are available and brings onto line systems/equipment under the direction of the control room technician.
- Completes post start up/operating checks to ensure normal operational conditions and thereafter monitors operation.
- Assists with Douglas planned maintenance programme, shutdowns, isolations, de-isolations and start-ups.
- Understand and ensure the safe, efficient and effective operation of the outside process and safety systems and equipment to avoid unnecessary shutdowns and to meet or exceed availability and production targets including:
- Oil and Gas production and export
- ESD / DCMS / Fire and Gas
- Emergency and life support systems
- Adjust production rates as necessary and / or required
- Provide accurate and clear communications to other Operations Team personnel to enable meeting of team targets and goals.
- Assist in the provision of on-the-job training for discipline technicians in hydrocarbon processes as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure production loss due to planned or unplanned shutdowns is minimised.
- Identify and operate at the optimum process parameters for the installation.
- Understand the work plan and liquidate work safely and on time.
- Provide assistance to ensure availability of equipment to accommodate unforeseen Corrective Maintenance tasks to be undertaken to minimise loss.
- Feedback to the CCR Operator and Production Supervisor any changes to production which affect work plans and schedules.
- Input and maintain faults and defects record and accurate records of working time via SAP system.
- Provide local support to head office projects and Asset Support Team initiatives.
- Act as competent person when required in witnessing contractor tests on process and production systems and equipment.
- Monitor and oversee planned and unplanned shutdowns and associated start-ups via the central control panel ensuring plant and personnel safety at all times.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience in diagnosing and resolving operational problems and / or identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate to third party pipeline operators and other relevant installations, as necessary, any changes or faults in the production / process operating conditions.
- Perform Central Control Room duties and tasks as and when assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure fiscal metering of the hydrocarbon systems and exports is executed in accordance with the Company’s Fiscal Metering Operating Procedures.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training course
- OGUK medical
- ERT medical
- Previous experience as a Production Technician in the oil & gas industry or similar
- NVQ3 in Processing Hydrocarbons or equivalent
- Oil in Water Analysis
- Small Bore Tubing to Stage 3
- Authorised Gas Tester
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency Response Team Member
- Permit to work system awareness (preferably ISSoW)
- Computerised planned maintenance system (preferably SAP)
- STOP and/or Synergi awareness or equivalent
- Manual handling
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.