Job Title: Project Controls Manager
Location: Reading, PA
Project Controls Manager
Location: Reading, PA
Manages and coordinates the entire spectrum of Project Controls activities for the EPC project. Responsible for the management of the Project Control activities including scheduling, budgeting, estimating, risk management, reporting, contract administration and administrative services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of project specific PC execution strategies.
- Coordinate with Project Management on reporting, project control activities, and other services.
- Manage development of procedures for various project control activities including budget preparation, forecasts, progress validation and related cost engineering and planning/scheduling functions;
- Manage cost engineering activities including development and implementation of cost control systems, invoice processing activities, monthly cost reporting, trending, FAC Analysis, cost variance analysis, funding budgets and cash flows;
- Manage cost estimating/forecasting activities including periodic project re-estimates and cost benchmark metrics;
- Manage planning & scheduling activities including development of summary and detailed project schedules, progress and performance monitoring, schedule deviations and workaround solutions; plans and manages the execution of internal audits of critical commercial internal control systems;
- Facilitate and oversee the risk assessment, mitigation and contingency planning process for the Program
- Coordinate and issue necessary project reports, including progress, cost and schedule;
- Ensure full integration between the estimating, cost control, planning/scheduling, and risk management functions within projects;
- Manage miscellaneous estimate development including estimates addressing alternative options, products, locations, etc.;
- Ensure that invoices are tracked, confirmed and handed off to Accounts Payable properly.
- Manage cash calls and forecasts to/from Finance.
- Manage contract administration activities.
- Provide other administrative procedures to projects as required
- Extensive experience on engineering and construction projects required specializing in project controls
- Management experience
- BS/MS in construction or engineering preferred
- Experience on power and chemical capital projects
- Demonstrated experience and working understanding of project planning and scheduling, cost control and cost estimating.
- Demonstrated capability to lead a group responsible for control of planning, scheduling, cost control and cost estimating activities
- Ability to interpret and perform analysis of cost and schedule reports and data
- Experience in preparation of cost estimates
- Working knowledge and skills in the use of software such as Primavera planning/scheduling (P6), and cost control programs (EcoSys)
- Has clearly demonstrated strong technical competence
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.