Petro Staff International
Coordinate reservoir data acquisition, conduct and review analysis for existing and new wells, integrate results to identify and advice on follow up actions and address threats and opportunities related to reservoir performance management/modelling. Support the planning and execution of various development projects for sustaining 77 MTPA and 126 MTPA.
Responsible for providing technical direction to the Reservoir Engineering team to enhance value to its core activities related to reservoir surveillance and field development. Recruit and train young engineers.
Reporting and Relationships
Reports to Heads of Reservoir Management or Heads of Reservoir Development & Studies.
Frequent interaction with Subsurface Group Departments, Offshore Operations, Onshore Operations and Asset Management, Asset & Surveillance Engineering, Facilities & Disciplines Engineering, Integrity & Reliability Engineering, Major Projects.
Regular contact with Shareholders (Shareholder SMEs).
Regular contact with 3rd Party vendors.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Lead the preparation of reservoir downhole and production surface tests, production loggings and subsurface/surface sampling requirements. Devise well testing programs including gauge specifications, flowing period, and shut-in time, etc.
2. Work closely with key stakeholders from the Petroleum Engineering department and Well & Production Management department in the preparation of data acquisition plans and its prioritization, such as well tests, production loggings and reservoir/surface sampling requirements, etc.
3. Contribute to/ lead (if appointed) the multi-functional efforts of the Asset Surveillance Teams responsible for identifying, assessing, and interpreting well and reservoir performance changes.
4. Contribute to/ lead (if appointed) the multi-functional efforts of the Asset Development Teams responsible for progressing the field development Projects and studies using best practices and principles.
5. Assess the reliability of various reservoir description data sources and the uncertainty associated with data and identify critical reservoir characterization parameters that impact reservoir performance.
6. Advise on field development issues and strategies and provide recommendations on optimization. Devise innovative solutions/options to issues and problems. Highlight uncertainty in data and analysis driving
development decisions and potential business impact of various possible outcomes ensuring formulation and implementation of best practices in reservoir surveillance and reservoir management.
7. Lead, coordinate, and support the compilation of Well Information Summary documents and support the endorsement and approval process. This includes the review of execution documents such as well execution documents, stimulation design documents, and test procedures.
8. Lead and coordinate the testing of data/appraisal wells (DST, pressure, and PVT sampling) as well as the testing development well through rig facilities based on clean-up and early performance data.
9. Use analytical and numerical models and standard and advanced reservoir engineering calculations to evaluate well, platforms, block, and reservoir performance, and recommend solutions to rectify problems and production shortfalls to help address complex reservoir engineering issues.
10. Define scope of work and oversee reservoir engineering work/simulation studies by external contractors or shareholders (as technical consultant) and scope of work for joint reservoir engineering projects and studies with shareholders/ external consultants.
Qualifications & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
– 8 years’ experience in reservoir engineering.
– Well versed in computer skills and be independent user of reservoir engineering application programs.
– Knowledge of fundamental business practices
– Proficiency in verbal and written English language
To apply for this job please visit petro-staff.com.