Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues?
Are you passionate in scientific and engineering methodologies?
Join our Drilling Services Team
Our Drilling Services Team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
The Scientist will be responsible for activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies. Work in this family typically has the objective of demonstrating through test or analyses the performance and implementation potential of a concept.
As a Scientist – Electromagnetic Modeling and Simulation of Borehole Geophysics, you will be responsible for:
• Modeling and simulating of electromagnetic geological measurements
• Developing mathematical algorithms based on physics of electromagnetic wave propagation
• Coding these algorithms in C++, Matlab or similar programming environments
• Verifying and testing these algorithms with laboratory and down hole data
• Participating in field data analysis and evaluate quality of current solutions, suggesting improvements for performance and quality of data interpretation
• Collaborating with other research teams members
• Working in a multi-team environment spread geographically to create answer products for reservoir navigation and formation evaluation
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
• Hold a Masters’ Degree in Physics/Mathematics, or Ph.D. in Physics/Mathematics with experience preferably in the oil and gas industry
• Have excellent analytical skills in the field of mathematics and physics
• Have deep understanding and experience in numerical modelling and simulation algorithms of electromagnetics
• Have in-depth understanding and experience in inversion problems
• Have experience in algorithm development for data processing/interpretation, preferably for O&G industry
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Be a great team player
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
· Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
· Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
· Comprehensive private medical care options
· Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
· Tailored financial programs
· Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.