Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Senior Advisor, EPC Contracts will support, guide, and/or consult with internal COP clients in matters related to contract strategy and the pre-qualification, bidding, formation, negotiation, awarding and post-award contract management of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Project Contracts.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Active and collaborative Business Partner to Corporate or Business Unit Project Procurement Team(s)
- Manage the development, and negotiation of EPC Contracts for COP Projects
- Manage compliance to global policies, processes and standards
- Active and integrated collaboration with Project Development
- Lead (or influence, if collaborative partner) contracting activities throughout the sourcing process including bidder pre qualification, requests for bids, bid evaluation
- Lead negotiation of EPC terms and conditions (general and/or commercial as applicable) of the contracts, including all exhibits
- Interface with key internal stakeholders (Legal, Risk, Intellectual Property, internal client senior management, etc.) when required on matters related to terms and conditions
- Provide functional guidance on contract management to contracts personnel and other stakeholders involved in the contracting and execution phase
- Review for concurrence recommended contracts/contractor(s)
- Provide advice on contract compliance to ensure maximum value and minimized cost from initiation to termination of the contract
- Provide advanced guidance, advice and assistance to Contracts Consultants, Contracts Specialists, Contracts Administrators, and internal clients in the Capital Projects space
- Lead development of procurement/contracting strategies
- Provide leadership or collaboration in the development of comprehensive negotiation plans for large, complex contracts, prior to engaging potential contractors or suppliers
- Lead development and implementation of appropriate negotiation tactics in support of commercial sourcing strategy
- Support Project Teams in the planning for all EPC related procurement contracts, support those teams on issues and facilitate the timely development of contracts and any associated amendments
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 10+ years of experience reviewing and negotiating the terms and conditions of upstream or downstream EPC and/or construction
- 3+ years as a proven Leader/Manager of contract practitioners
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodations) to travel 15% domestically and internationally on a yearly basis
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Business, related field, or foreign equivalent
- 10+ years Capital Projects experience
- 3+ years international contracts experience and/or international assignment in contracts role
- Advanced knowledge of general contracting compliance issues, contracting procedures and documentation requirements
- Advanced knowledge of associated cost and pricing methodologies as relates to EPC and Project contracts
- Advanced knowledge of upstream or downstream EPC/Project contracting processes
- Intermediate knowledge of, and negotiating skills in, the more complex elements of contract content (Legal, Risk, Intellectual Property, Tax, etc.. and Commercial provisions) how they interact with one another in contract creation and negotiation
- Strategy development, negotiation, establishment and management of complex contractual arrangements for major EPC and Project contracts
- Contract drafting skills
- Strong networking, influence, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to develop, and instruct procurement and/or contracts related training courses (general and/or commercial) to internal clients as relates to the knowledge sharing and/or skills development needs of the business
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
Apply Before: February 1, 2024
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.