We are partnered with a leading renewable energy developer actively shaping the future of energy. They’re taking a fresh look at how power is produced, stored, and used to meet the challenges of climate change. If you are ambitious and want to grow within a company my client wants to hear from you!
Provide assistance to Development Project Teams in the development of the renewable project portfolio in Great Britain. This includes, but is not limited to, assistance in selecting new sites as well as in the preparation of grid application documents, engagement with industry bodies and consultations and construction supervision of projects. Also, to work with staff from other departments worldwide.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Interacting with grid regulation authorities and grid operators in their role as project stakeholders
- Providing input for Pre-feasibility studies and technical risk assessment
- Developing and optimising grid connection solutions for wind, solar and energy storage projects
- Seeking alternative network access solutions based on grid studies, including technical, legal and commercial evaluations.
- Preparing grid applications and managing the grid application process
- Supporting project tendering and acquisition processes by creating technical documents and checking documents issued by others
- Preparing requests for quotation for engineering, construction, procurement and testing of the electrical balance of plant for renewable and / or sustainable energy projects
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering or an alternative, equivalent level of training / education.
- You have experience with current technical guidelines for grid connections in UK/ experience in construction of grid connections
- You have experience and particular interest working in the renewable electricity sector.
- Ability to work unsupervised to strict deadlines with an often conflicting workload, multi-tasking various parts of a project or initiative.
- You hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
If interested please apply via the link on this page with your up-to-date CV.
For any questions, please reach out on:
Tel: 0141 212 4803
*Location for this role is flexible, to all of the UK and Ireland*
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.