Our Client has a Senior Process Engineer requirement for a role, who will be required to work on a contract basis.
The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for delivering fit for purpose solutions to process engineering issues for onshore and offshore assets (gas treatment plants, oil & gas producing and separation facilities, water treatment, various utilities). A pragmatic approach to technical solutions will always be applied and this approach should be encouraged within the Process Team. The Senior Process Engineer will have a strong background of resolution and working on aging infrastructure, which will allow the candidate to apply fit for purpose solutions in line with current standards, but appropriate for the age and remaining field life of the asset
Actively participate in design safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA studies & SIL reviews and provide solutions to raised issues.
• Builds HYSYS and other modelling tools to simulate facilities performance and provides analysis.
• Produce and deliver any process engineering deliverables as required (PFD, P&ID, calculation notes, Basis of design, various philosophies, procedures, operating instructions etc)
• Troubleshoot facility operational problems and develop recommendations for resolving problems/issues experienced on site
• Builds OLGA model and run flow assurance calculations. Slug management in gas line experience.
• Guide and mentor Junior process engineers
• Ensure process engineering solutions are in compliance with all health, safety, environmental legislation and best practice.
• Ability to step back and comment or review on existing philosophy to apply fit for purpose designs.
• Working in close collaboration with other disciplines. Understands impact on other disciplines.
• Raise, process and close out Management of Change (MOC) proposals providing technical assurance to modifications.
• When required, support operations in assessing day-to-day process safety related issues by reviewing isolations, risk assessments, drawings and procedural changes.
• Responsible for recognising value adding opportunities in onshore and offshore production systems, initiating modifications and processing these through to completion.
• Participates in commissioning & start-up providing technical solutions and reviewing critical documentation
Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
Process Engineering – minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role the upstream Oil and Gas industry with focus on gas processing.
• Significant experience with brownfield modifications and aging fields.
• Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering
• Good all-round experience from conceptual design to installation/start-up supervision
• Very strong analytical capacity and critical thinking
• Good working knowledge of HYSYS and OLGA.
• Knowledge of applicable codes.
• Experience working for international/abroad company is preferred
• Be self-motivated with ability to work with minimal guidance from supervision
• Hand-on approach
• Be capable of working cohesively within a multi-discipline tea
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for [role] looking for new employment.
As part of putting people first, we strive to be an equal opportunities employer and we are always looking to increase the diversity of our workforce, working closely with our clients to ensure everyone is included.
To apply for this job please visit www.firstrecruitmentgroup.com.