- Vacancy information
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Senior Quality Advisor is the focal point on a project(s) for all Quality Assurance and Quality control matters.
The jobholder will provide a support function to the project manager and project team.
The jobholder will promote the use of professional quality tools, principles, and objectives.
The jobholder may have additional responsibility for supervising and mentoring other project quality assurance and control advisors.
The Senior Project Quality Assurance Advisor reports functionally to the GoM Quality Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Within a Subsea Project(s) ensures the effective implementation of the company’s systems, professional Quality tools, principles and objectives.
- Ensures alignment of the Company Quality Plan and Systems with Project Contractual requirements.
- Supports the project manager and project team in implementing the requirements of the business management system and ensuring contractual compliance throughout the project lifecycle i.e. Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation phases.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of the Project Quality Plan(s) and associated Quality Documentation.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and monitor quality performance on the project.
- Management of nonconformity through Subsea 7 Compliance Management Process and Synergi database.
- Tracks project performance against company global quality metrics and project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as applicable.
- Assist the Project Management Team in defining its QC resource requirements.
- Identification and Management of worksite deployed QC personnel.
- Develops and manages QC Inspection Budget-projecting overspend, rework costs, tracking spend vs estimate etc.
- Schedules and conducts internal and external audits, surveillance visits and process reviews.
- Liaises with the Client on all project quality related matters including matters relating to the Independent Verification Body (IVB) as applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring where appropriate, all engineering and procurement documents are adequately endorsed with quality requirements.
- Closely monitors business areas where there are known Costs of Loss, ensuring corrective actions are effectively implemented and verified.
- Provides quality support to Supply Chain Management in respect of supplier and subcontractor approval, bid assessment, pre-award evaluation and vendor risk/performance management post award.
- Monitors product and service quality at supplier and sub-contractor facilities.
- Ensures supplier and sub-contractor inspection and test plans are reviewed and endorsed with Quality requirements.
- Drives and supports Knowledge management within the Project.
- Supervising and mentoring other project quality assurance and control advisors as required.
- Supports continuous improvement of the Business Management System (BMS) through identification of process ineffectiveness, trending and identification of best practices within the project environment.
Qualifications and Education:
- Degree level or equivalent Subsea operations knowledge.
- Qualified and Experienced Auditor.
- Professional Qualifications in Quality disciplines.
- ASQ membership preferred.
- Can articulate learning and training experiences with the drive and enthusiasm for self-development and progression.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages-Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Document Control Systems.
- Excellent and interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator, reader and writer.
- Able to demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to resolving problems with a pleasant and articulate manner.
- Capable of discussing issues and topics of importance at Senior Management Level.
- Good organizational skills and smart working methods.
- Demonstrate experience in a Senior Quality Assurance position within the Subsea Oil and Gas industry is preferred.
- Experience in the management and mentoring of others within a Quality Environment.
- Working knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry Technical Specifications and Standards.
- A good understanding of Quality Standards: ISO 9000 family of standards, ISO 10005 and BSE EN10204.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.