Senior Software Developer
Abingdon – United Kingdom
About Abingdon Technology Centre
In Abingdon technology Centre, we’re leading digital transformation in the energy sector. We are looking for technical leaders who will help us accelerate on our journey. We work hard to attract, retain and develop diverse talent. You will always be encouraged to grow, and you will never stop learning. Join us today to help us meet the technical challenges of tomorrow’s upstream oil and gas industry.
About the role:
We are in the search of a talented and enthusiastic developers to work in a team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a new SaaS solution. You will work on a fast pace agile environment, frequently running experiments to validate assumptions, where your contributions and decisions will have a direct impact on outcomes. You will work on many facets of the product front end, back end, infrastructure, design and operations. So, you may expect to face plenty of challenges and there will be many opportunities to learn, adapt, and grow. The solution will touch several fronts such as data ingestion, stream processing, time series storage, NoSQL DBs, monitoring and reporting, with the ambition to also has a mobile app to support users on the road.
- Previous experience with IoT, stream processing frameworks and time series storag
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and maintaining scalable cloud microservices solutions and RESTful APIs
- Design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability – ‘SOLID’ principles
- Go, typescript, k8s, GRPC, protobuf, docker/docker compose, MongoDB.
- Building solutions hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure
- Proven ability to keep code base healthy by practicing automated unit testing, code reviews, and coding standards.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good Communication skills with the ability to articulate opinions to steer future development.
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps and git
- Experience in secure coding best practices
- GIS systems such as ESRI ArcGIS
- Satellite imagery processing and visualization
- Experience with reliability engineering including monitoring, performance, resiliency and designing high availability systems.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.