Services Project Manager
Does working with minimal supervision excite you?
Join our Quality Team
The Services Project Manager primary role is to contribute to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team.
Partner with the best
As a Services Project Manager, you will be responsible for Project Management/ Planning/ Coordinating activities typically in the context of a production or services project to fulfill a customer order or need according to financial/commercial parameters and ensuring customer satisfaction. Contributes to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team. Discusses consequences of changes in products and processes for the own team in the organization.
As a Services Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supervising, organizing and executing service projects, including scope, time, contract (if not covered by a dedicated Contract Manager) cost & quality management.
- Projecting methodologies and standards including scheduling and control
- Fulfilling a customer order or need according to financial/commercial parameters and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Working together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information.
- Handling simple project processes. There are detailed guidelines for production and/or simple human interfaces requiring little technical knowledge. A framework of conditions is set.
- Handling targeted clients. Contracts are predefined and a framework of conditions is set and followed.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day (Subject to manager approval on emergency basis)
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Education Assistance
• Generous Parental Leave
• Mental Health resources
• Dependent Care
• Additional elected or voluntary benefit
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.