Petaling Jaya – Malaysia
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. Together, we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.
Our inclusive culture is the key to our success. We collaborate with our internal community of colleagues, alumni, and our valued external partners to support each other and achieve our goals. We aim to raise the bar high. We look for people who are committed to innovation and success and act with integrity to become and be a part of one of the most diverse group of experts in our industry, anywhere around the globe.
Global in outlook, local in practice – and with a united, shared passion for discovering solutions, we hire talented, driven people and support them to succeed, personally and professionally.
The Tax Analyst is responsible for the preparation and analysis of the direct and indirect tax returns for a group of legal entities including but not limited to Tax ledgers, US GAAP Tax Provisioning and Quality Control of Tax Accounts. The Tax Analyst will be reporting to Hub Regional Tax Compliance Manager and working alongside a team of Tax Analyst, collaborating with other Process Towers/ Analysts and Treasury Analysts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Running day-to-day operations to meet KPI objectives based on Service Level Agreements (SLA) between the Hub and GeoUnit
- Preparing tax reports for management on monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis (including Tax Provision Models & Balance Sheet Notes, FP6 & iTax)
- Preparing annual and quarterly tax forecasts
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns
- Ensure compliance within filing deadlines for assigned entities
- Preparing corporate tax returns on monthly, quarterly or yearly basis depending on Country requirements
- Presenting and analyzing final year end liabilities to GeoUnit Tax Team
- Identifying and reporting critical issues to the Hub Regional Tax Compliance Managers
- Liaising with external partners/advisors and dealing with queries relating to deliverables
- Responsible for Country-by-Country reporting for assigned entities (only Direct Tax)
- Performing analysis as and when required by the GeoUnit Tax Team
- Developing domain expertise
- Mentoring and guiding Assistant Tax Accountants
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified members of ACCA/ CIMA / MIA / MACPA / CPA of Australia or equivalents
- Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics
- 3-4 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of international taxation
- Proficient in languages for assigned geographic responsibilities
- Proficient in MS-Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, self-motivated and eager to acquire knowledge
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Equipped with problem-solving skills and service-oriented
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.