Santos provides reliable, affordable energy for progress and seeks to provide lower carbon energy over time.
Santos is a global energy company with operations across Australia, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste and the United States.
At Santos, our goal is to be a global leader in the energy evolution to low-carbon fuels that help the world decarbonise and continue to provide the reliable, affordable energy the world needs for modern life and human progress.
Santos is an important Australian domestic gas supplier and LNG supplier in Asia. We are committed to supplying critical fuels such as oil and gas, and abating emissions through carbon capture and storage, energy efficiency projects, use of renewables in our operations and high-quality offsets. Santos will also seek to develop low-carbon fuels as customer demand evolves.
For 70 years, Santos has been working in partnership with local communities, providing jobs and business opportunities, safely developing natural gas resources and from there powering industries and households.
Santos seeks to deliver long-term value to shareholders through our diverse portfolio of high-quality, long-life, low-cost oil and gas assets, carbon storage resources and infrastructure.
The Santos portfolio is value accretive and resilient across a range of decarbonisation scenarios. Santos has a climate transition action plan that will continue to evolve for the global energy evolution.
Santos has a regional operating model with a strong local focus. The Company’s operating structure comprises three regional business units focused on enabling and executing corporate strategy. Two divisions – Santos Energy Solutions and Santos Upstream Gas and Liquids – are accountable for global portfolio management and strategy.
About the Role
Based at Roma, the primary objective of this position is to manage staff, contractors, and resources to ensure,
- the management of vegetation around gas infrastructure to allow safe access for operators and reduce the risk of wildfire damage to surface infrastructure or tree root damage to buried infrastructure.
- the field implementation of the Biosecurity Management plan, focussing on Parthenium identification and treatment.
- the implementation of carbon offset projects in the field.
- A range of other agricultural support programs are implemented including, bushfire preparedness, assurance and response program, lease fence removal and panelling program, minor rehab and erosion repair projects and a program to improve the agricultural safety strategy for contractors.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leadership of field staff conducting biosecurity and vegetation management operational work.
- Management of biosecurity, vegetation management, and carbon offset project contractors.
- Provision specialist skills and knowledge with respect to vegetation management, rehab and erosion repair, bush fire preparedness and agricultural safety principles.
- Provision of agronomic skills and knowledge with weed management, carbon offset projects and use of herbicides.
- Interact positively with other Santos teams working in the field.
- Compliance with the Santos Management System (SMS).
- Compliance with the Santos Delegation of Authority (DOA).
- Compliance with the Santos Corporate Governance and Safety requirements.
We are seeking for professionals with the following essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in the front-line management of field teams
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of agricultural land management operations.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining agricultural type plant and equipment.
- Evidence of working in a structured workplace with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Evidence of a facilitative and inclusive leadership style with a record of building strong positive relationships with stakeholders.
Desired experience for this position includes:
- Identification and control of weeds
- Land management in rehabilitation and controlled burns
- Management of safety in Agricultural environment
Ideally, you will have completed Degree or Diploma level in land management, agronomy, or related field or demonstrate significant training and experience within directly relevant role(s), within similar work environments.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Santos acknowledges that we operate on the traditional lands of Aboriginal people. We recognise the traditional rights to maintain the culture, identities, traditions, and customs on their country. We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our ongoing success.
We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander jobseekers are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the online recruitment system by COB 16th February 2024.
A requirement of this role is that you will need to have in place the legal work rights for Australia to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.santos.com.