At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
About the Permian
Straddling West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico over an area roughly the size of Kansas, the Permian is the most prolific oil and gas basin in America and the engine behind the country’s energy renaissance. Nationally, it provides about 40% of oil and 15% of gas production and plays a critical role in making the U.S. a leading energy exporter.
A key asset for ExxonMobil, the Basin accounts for about 40% of the Corporation’s net oil and gas production in the U.S. in 2021, with significant future growth potential. Production reached more than 550,000 barrels per day in 2022 and is expected to surpass 800,000 barrels per day by 2027. Many of these molecules travel down to ExxonMobil’s facilities along the Gulf of Mexico, where they are transformed into high-value finished products such as jet fuel and lubricants. The Permian Basin business unit also has the distinction of being the first at ExxonMobil to unveil and execute a plan for net zero Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions in operated assets by 2030, as part of the Corporation’s broader 2050 net zero ambition.
About 800 employees of ExxonMobil’s Unconventional business line work and live in Midland, Odessa, Carlsbad and the surrounding areas, all of which offer easy access to national parks and unrivaled outdoor recreational opportunities. Employees in the area also get to enjoy the world-renowned Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, which ExxonMobil has proudly sponsored since 2019. As a major operator in the Permian Basin, ExxonMobil invests heavily in local community development through the Permian Strategic Partnership, an industry consortium that works to enhance quality of life by improving infrastructure, healthcare, housing, education and workforce development.
What role you will play in our team
Yard Lead for the Permian Basin Supply Chain team. Working in Loving New Mexico.
What you will do
Main Work Functions/Duties
- Perform weekly counts of material in yard (225/MOH)
- Maintain acceptable amounts of inventory in yard
- Manage the incoming and outgoing request of material for area yard is located in
- Input transfer into iScout on a daily basis, review for accuracy
- Perform weekly checks in Cendec to ensure accuracy/timeliness of iScout MTs
- Perform quarterly cycle counts (MOH or 225)
Open Invoice/Open Ticket
- Daily checks in open invoice or Open ticket to ensure invoice approval timeliness
- Reviewing coding accuracy on MOH/225 inventory invoices before sending to final approver
- Meeting expectation that all invoices have good receipts and accuracy of receipts before approval
- Safety excellence – Making wise decisions on contractor utilization and deployment in each yard. Ensuring all contractors have outstanding safety record
- Leading all JSA/LSA safety meetings before an operation or at the beginning of each work day
- Completing weekly Express Safe observations in yard
Secondary Work Functions/Duties
- Management of contractor hours and workforce, making wise decisions regarding labor force and hours worked per yard based on activity
- Meeting expectation that supervisors are interfacing with all customers in their area of operation, this includes Production Foremen, Lease Operators, WW foremen, I&E, etc.
- Meeting with safety personnel and encouraging safety to perform iScout Safety Observations, continuing on site monthly safety meetings
- General housekeeping in yard. This can include weed removal, trash pickup, emptying out bins and trash trailers, etc.
- Meet expectations regarding preservation in yard. Process equipment and OCTG being focal points of preservation
- Periodic testing of contractor rates, ensuring we are staying diligent in regards to our spend
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of inventory management and associated systems
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of lifting and rigging jobs and working around mobile equipment
- General knowledge of oilfield materials such as OCTG, PVF, and Vessels/Tanks
- Posess valid drivers license
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Familiarity with Cendec Core, iScout, and OpenInvoice/OpenTicket
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Follow us on LinkedIN and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Equal Opportunity Employer
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.