At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil has operated in the U.K. for more than 135 years. We are best known today for the marketing of our Esso fuels and Mobil 1 lubricants and for our petrochemicals. We have refining and chemical operations in the UK, we operate the UK’s biggest private pipeline network and we retain a non-operated share in a number of fields in the North Sea. More recently, we are developing our involvement in lower emission projects in the UK, building on our experience in carbon capture and storage (CCS), hydrogen production and biofuels.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
What role you will play in our team
The role includes performing preventative maintenance and repair to analysers, sample systems and instrumentation equipment as well as project support activities. The role requires technical expertise in troubleshooting, configuration, and maintenance of process analysers and associated instrumentation.
What you will do
- Proactive and able to work alone or as part of a team or with minimal supervision
- Can lead work activities to completion, including removing any barriers
- Liaise across work groups when conflicts arise, work to rectify the issue or be able to identify when to escalate to supervisor when required
- A flexible attitude to the job and the ability to demonstrate leadership capabilities
- High standards of safety, quality of work, timekeeping, maintenance of tools and equipment
- Lead with safety; ensure work group understand the risks, control measures and mitigations before work starts
- Reinforces the need to stop and assess if the plan changes
- Actively assess and intervene on any potentially unsafe acts
- Ensure that Safe System of Work, e.g. Permits, Procedures and Risk Assessments are adhered to
- A High level of computer literacy with an aptitude to learn new systems
- Ability to interpret and work from vendor manuals, drawings and P&IDs
- Excellent fault finding and practical problem solving skills
- Ability to write, review and follow detailed procedures
- Working with ATEX rated electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Analyser and signalling system maintenance, fault finding and installation across a multitude of systems such as;
- Sample systems
- Hydrocarbon analysers (e.g. gas chromatographs, spectra, gas detection, oxygen, moisture, density)
- Water analysers (e.g. pH, conductivity, silica and sodium)
- Analogue and data communications signalling systems
At ExxonMobil we’re looking for exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the following qualities;
- Commitment to high standards in safety and quality of work
- Driven, motivated & committed to ownership and completing tasks
- The ability to communicate well verbally and via IT-based systems
- Active participation in meetings and able to offer technical solutions to problems
- Able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment while making decisions focused on safety, reliability & performance of the business
- The ideal applicant will exude confidence, be diligent, and be able to show that they are dedicated to meeting high standards and paying close attention to safety.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- A good general education to at least Nat5 level. Grades should be from A-C and include English, Maths, a Science and a Technical Subject
- Modern Apprenticeship in Instrument, Analyser or related disciplines
- Preferably 3+ years prior experience working as an Analyser, instrument or Metering Technician within the petrochemical industry
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company’s safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.