Applications Engineer Flexible Pipe Systems Midland, Houston, Colorado
Are you an Application Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Are you passionate about being part of a successful team?
John our OFE Flexible Pipe Systems team!
As part of the Flexible Pipe Systems offshore team based in Newcastle UK you will be joining an established business and team with expertise in pipe design, manufacturing, and installation. This unique combination allows our customers to increase production and asset integrity whilst reducing the overall costs associated with a pipeline system.
Partner with the best
As an Applications Engineer for FPS, you will possesses a deep understanding of relevant markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies. This includes ‘ITO’: Technical analysis of client need: definition and optimization of the products; scope (description); schedule; cost, considering contract and internal policies and procedures.
As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical expertise and develops technical solutions (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team.
- Calculating plant, system and equipment performance and efficiency & documenting technical specifications & costing elements for further contract execution phases.
- Conducting OTR process; customizing and implementing products for specific customer needs
- Developing new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Working together with business leadership at SPB and EB level. Specifying needs, communicating about project approach and presenting outcomes of research done.
- Delivering products as part of a team.
- Working on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Providing technical recommendations and guidance to customers on installation and use of Thermoflex RTP pipe.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with API 15s products.
- Have a minimum of 3 years customer facing experience.
- Be able to identify new opportunities to expand the products market penetration into other industries.
- Be able to lead and conduct technical presentations in client facilities and industry conferences.
- Provide company representation when needed at installation sites to support proper pipe installation and other customer requirements.
- Evaluate industry trends and understand customers evolving needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in API 15s product technical support.
- Understanding of produced fluids and their compatibility with different piping materials.
- Requires detailed knowledge of oilfield well production facilities including operation and construction practices.
- Detailed knowledge of API 15S to understand the relevant product performance and suitability in client applications.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.
Be the first to comment