LOCATION: Sarnia, Ontario (CA-ON)
JOB NUMBER: 58056
Why you should join us:
As a leader in the application of model-based control and real-time optimization (RTO), you will be provided with the opportunity to demonstrate and grow your skills as a valued cross-functional team member. As a self-starter who takes pride in having a positive impact on the people you work with and the work you do, you will be the Advanced Process Control (APC) expert for one of our Sarnia refinery complexes with front-line accountability for the DMCPLUS and RTO applications in that complex. With control technologies continuing to advance and the refinery always driving for enhanced performance, our history would indicate that this role will provide ample opportunity for personal growth across all refinery complexes.
You will use your expertise to:
- Develop, implement, maintain and enhance APC applications to improve our refinery’s margins and ensure safe, reliable unit operation
- Provide technical support and direction to operations working with the cross-functional team (CFT)
- Participate in hazard analyses and Kepner-Tregoe (KT) problem solving sessions for an assigned zone
- Provide front-line support for real-time optimization of the asset
- Build strong positive relationships while coordinating with other disciplines to solve problems and make improvements to process units
- Prepare stewardship reports and communicate APC performance on uptime and the quality of control performance
- Ensure consistency of APC applications across our refinery
- Provide leadership to alarm management improvement initiatives within your assigned complex
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of APC experience with model-based control technologies such as DMCplus or RMPC
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Relevant real-time optimization experience
- Process control specialization or a Master’s degree in Chemical Process Control
- A professional engineer, or eligible for professional engineer designation
- Knowledge and application of operational technology (OT)
- You thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple changing priorities, challenging demands, and strict deadlines
- Highly motivated individual with continuous improvement mindset, strong analytical skills and decision-making capacity
- A self-starter with demonstrated written, verbal, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Solid leadership, integrity and strong communication skills to interact with all levels of leadership
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Sarnia refinery in Ontario, located at 1900 St. Clair Parkway
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- This position is safety sensitive
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. All recruiting is conducted through our Careers site, your resume needs to be submitted to this site if you would like to be considered for a role. To learn more about false recruiting offers, click here.
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.